Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day Trips with a Car Rental

Day Trips with a Car Rental

OK everyone... I'm looking for your favorite day trips that you do on your own with a rental car. We will have a Yaris, so I know the rugged side of the island is not an option. But, I know there are plenty of other great places to explore!

24 hours and counting til our first Aruba Trip!

Baby Beach snorkel where the water changes color, bring bagels or a squeeze bottle of fish food(resort gift shop should have it).Charlie's Bar in San Nicolas(est. in 1941) Also California Lighthouse, you can do some of the rough side, just DONT drive in the white sand or make sure you have a rope & wait for a jeep.

Sorry, I forgot to tell you not to go past the break water at Baby Beach(strong current) And on the way back after stopping at Charlie's you could also do Zee Rovers (local fishermen & water side pool table).

Aruba since 1979
    alto vista chapel mini natural bridge and california lighthouse probably a 2 or 3 hr adventure

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    having a rental is a good opportunity to get those out of the way restaurants...ie; Marina Pirata, Flying Fishbone, Old man and the sea, etc..

Just driving around the island in and out of neighborhoods is fun..We drive thru Tierra del sol, and in and out of the local areas. Interesting to see how the locals live...

Donkey Sanctuary-- bring apples, carrots and a donation. Admission is free, the donkeys and their volunteer keepers will thank you.

Great ideas - thanks... Any more out there?

Aruba since 1979
    shark teeth hill

even though in this link i said a 4x4 is necessary, it really isn't.
    friends went 3 weeks ago using a yaris and came back with a ziplock gallon size bag of fossilized shark's teeth

andrea

When we were in Aruba in May, they were working on a new (paved?) road through a part of Arikok NP. If that's finished, a Yaris will do fine. Nature is really outstanding!

Also: sunset at Malmok beach and/or California Lighthouse.

And I have to agree with Arubalisa: the donkey sanctuary is a must see. Check opening hours:
    Opening hours Saturday and Sunday from 10 am till 3 pm and Monday till Friday from 9 am till 12.30 pm.

They've been working on that road for more than two years and still had a long way to go in April.

I would also add Hooiberg to the list. Once you get there, it's still a few hundred steps to the top but it is a great view. Great place to watch a sunset.

Lighthouse, Alto Vista Chapel, Baby Beach, mini natural bridge and Arikok Park are the other "must do" rental car activities. If you do them all in drive-by fashion, you're looking at a couple hours. Take the whole day, don't rush, stop for food at a local hole in the wall restaurant and enjoy yourself.

The ostrich farm was interesting, great for kids. We haven't done the donkey sanctuary, maybe next trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast