Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DePalm Tours Round Trip Transfers

DePalm Tours Round Trip Transfers

Hi there,

3 more days until I'm in Aruba! I can't wait. When getting my package from CheapCaribbean, I added on the round trip transfers from the airport to tamarijn and back to the airport on the last day (its being provided by DePalm Tours). Has anyone ever used this kind of pickup/drop off? Was it a good experience?

Aruba since 1979
    Depalm has large busses (motor coach style) which do the airport to resorts run.
    tamarijn is one of the first stops.

we used their services once.
    it was fine.
    in recent years we have been renting cars so do not need airport transportation

enjoy
    andrea

De Palm

I have used De Palm many times. No problems and on time.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Well, its a good thing you are one of the first stops because they transfers are forever SLOW. I don't know what you've paid, but I will tell you you have to wait around till the bus is full, every tom, dick and harry have picked up their luggage...you get the jist of this...
    So, while you 're waiting desperately to get to your hotel this wait could be sitting on the bus waiting to leave....
    IMOP I would have taken a cab

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    IMOP I would have taken a cab
    I was thinking the same thing. Are stops for the Renaissance separate for the Marina tower and the ocean suites??? We take a taxi and always beat the bus.

True - I'll see if I can cancel the round trip transfers and take a taxi instead.

Mandy

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    >>> "IMOP I would have taken a cab"
    ---- Ditto. At least the Tam is one of the first couple of stops.
    Many cabs waiting and you could be halfway to the Tam before getting on the bus and waiting to leave.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 06-11-2009 at 02:44 PM.

I just found that I am also using DePalm for transfers. It was included in my package, I did not have to pay extra. Anyone know how much it would cost to get from the Airport to the Radisson (4 people, 2 adults, 2 kids)
    Decided to take down my timer!

Airport to the Radisson is supposed to be $20 each way. That is per fare, not per person. There are however extra fees, depending upon day of week and amount of luggage.

http://taxiaruba.com/new/farelist.html

http://taxiaruba.com/new/policy.html
    1. "Sundays, official holidays and after midnight there will be a surcharge of Awg. 5.40 / US$ 3.00 to the regular fares;
    2. Each passenger from and to the airport is allowed one piece of luggage. For each additional piece of luggage there will be an additional charge of Awg. 3.60 / US$ 2.00 per piece;"
    Do make sure you ask the driver what he will charge you before you get into the taxi. Not all drivers are charging what the government specifies in the link above.

There are two honest and dependable taxi drivers who are members of this forum and would be able to assist you. For more info
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/bully.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/cerry.html

I have always been picked up by De Palm, and yes its a big bus, and it makes stop. The drivers are nice, and the buses are clean. If you can change it the taxi would be quicker, but Tam as everyone said is the 1st stop. If you do keep the transfers, and you can request a driver, ask for Howard, or Sonny, they are good been on the island forever and can provide private tours after.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast