Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do any of the car rental places

Do any of the car rental places

Show on their websites how much luggage a car can hold? We will likely have two large suitcases and a small one plus our personal bags. I am trying to figure the smallest car we can rent.
    Jen
    Owner 2 weeks Marriott Surf ClubNov 02, Jul 06, Jul 08, Oct 09, back in Aug 11
    Mom to DS Dec 06 and DD Dec 08

Aruba since 1979
    your best bet is to go to their websites to check.

hyundai accents ..........trunks hold 2 large suitcases and a couple of small bags. (laptop size bags)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejen22 View Post
    Show on their websites how much luggage a car can hold? We will likely have two large suitcases and a small one plus our personal bags. I am trying to figure the smallest car we can rent.

Even with a compact car, if there are only 2 of you and the car has a trunk and back seat you should be fine.

Aruba since 1979
    in one of her other posts she mentions a 5 and 7 yr old.
    that being said, as you said ..the smaller bag or personal bags can go in the back seat (on the floor)

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Even with a compact car, if there are only 2 of you and the car has a trunk and back seat you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    in one of her other posts she mentions a 5 and 7 yr old.
    that being said, as you said ..the smaller bag or personal bags can go in the back seat (on the floor)
    Not sure what happened, I thought I wrote that the kids will both be in high back boosters. Worst case they can hold their bags, I can hold mine and put DH's under my feet. I could put a small suitcase on the floor in the back. But I need the large suitcases to fit in the trunk. We actually do not bring a lot with us but put the high back booster in a suitcase because I do not trust the airlines since they seriously damaged my good stroller once.
    Jen

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejen22 View Post
    Not sure what happened, I thought I wrote that the kids will both be in high back boosters. Worst case they can hold their bags, I can hold mine and put DH's under my feet. I could put a small suitcase on the floor in the back. But I need the large suitcases to fit in the trunk. We actually do not bring a lot with us but put the high back booster in a suitcase because I do not trust the airlines since they seriously damaged my good stroller once.
    I have the feeling, two large suitcases will not fit in the trunk of a small vehicle.

To make sure, you could just go to a car dealer (sales or rentals) in your area, look at smaller vehicles, even bring your two (empty) suitcases with you and test it out.

My guess is that one large suitcase has to go inside the vehicle (or on the roof? if the rental has that option).

Thanks. We might have to rethink how we bring the booster seats. The car we might rent from Royal is not sold in the US.

Anyone know if any of the car companies have high back booster seats you could rent?
    Jen

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    You are welcome.

I have been renting from Royal car rentals in Aruba in the past. Here is a link with Toyota Yaris car dealers in the US, maybe one is close to you:

http://www.autotrader.com/find/used-...s-for-sale.jsp

You could also check out just small cars in the US, just to get a feeling how big/small they actually are. Good Luck.

Aruba since 1979
    you may want to UPsize your rental to accommodate the car seats.
    we have 2 large suitcases 29" and they both fit in the cars that we have rented from Tropic...Yaris and Accent and i think one year we had a Mitsubishi.
    never was an issue getting them in the trunk.

has Royal not responded to your inquiry?

I sent them a message last night and have not received a response.
    Jen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast