Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Arubalisa
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Do I have to have a Jeep

Do I have to have a Jeep

I am traveling to Aruba on Monday 9-3 and tentatively I have a Kia Sportage SUV set up as rental. My in-laws have been to Aruba and said they had a jeep and some of the terrain can be quite hilly and bad. If I ride a motorcycle and have great driving skills do I have to have a four wheel drive jeep to go adventuring out or can I get away with the Kia Sportage SUV I have set up to rent.

Welcome to the forum

You should be able to get anywhere you wish to go with the exception of the Natural Pool. To be perfectly honest I do not recommend taking any rental vehicles to the Natural Pool. Leave the driving and liability on the vehicle up to someone else.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

if you plan to do any off roading you may want to opt ofr an atv or a 4x4 like a jeep.

if you plan a trip to the natural pool, yes the kia sporage is unsuitable

but, if you plan on no off roading, then you will be perfect.keep the kia and if you want a 4x4 then rent one for just a day while you are there.

enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by k_mckern View Post
    I am traveling to Aruba on Monday 9-3 and tentatively I have a Kia Sportage SUV set up as rental. My in-laws have been to Aruba and said they had a jeep and some of the terrain can be quite hilly and bad. If I ride a motorcycle and have great driving skills do I have to have a four wheel drive jeep to go adventuring out or can I get away with the Kia Sportage SUV I have set up to rent.

Is the natural pool a must see? I know that is an opinion question but I figured I would ask and thank you for the welcome, this is a wonderful website and chat forum.

Aruba since 1979
    IMO not a must see.
    If you want to see it do as lisa suggested and take a tour.

but you do think I can get to everything else pretty much except for the natural pool?

Aruba since 1979
    yes, pretty much

sometimes the natural pool is too rough/wavy to go in for a swim.
    and those rock wall stairs are treacherous!!

we have traveled the area lots and did the route.......baby beach thru the dog cemetery thru the old rifle range...past the turbines and into the arikok and onto the paved road thru the arikok , once in a suburban and once in a hyundai accent.

another time we did the dirt road from the california lighthouse to the alto vista chapel in a hyundai accent.

you'll be just fine.

if you really feel the need to go off roading, try a jeep or atv tour!!

enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by k_mckern View Post
    but you do think I can get to everything else pretty much except for the natural pool?