Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I really need to rent a car??

Do I really need to rent a car??

I've heard the bus system is pretty good in Aruba and I wouldn't mind catching a cab to/from the airport sooo- Do I really need to rent a car? Also my husband and I are active outdoors people and do not mind a long walk or hike.

You can manage in Aruba without a rental car. It all depends on what you want to do/where you have to go to do it. If you are staying in the Palm Beach area, there are many restaurants you can walk/bus/cab to. Some are farther away and best served by a car. Some of the sights are not nearby. If you can go on a guided tour, no car needed. Etc.

You get the picture. First decide what you want to see and where you want to go.

do i really need to rent a car

we usually rent car 1 day and drive out to baby beach and stop at shops on way home..otherwise dont need car

We choose not to rent a car and the only place that I feel we really miss out on is Baby Beach. We take cabs to/from the airport and to a couple dinner spots. We have also taken the bus with ease. We stay on Palm Beach so there is lots in walking distance.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

We rented a car on 1 trip, but mostly rely on the bus to go back and forth between the low and high rise areas. I've found the bus a great way to meet people and get tips on places to eat or have fun. We've also taken the bus to the downtown area. I guess it just depends on how much of the island you want to explore.

We wanted to take the bus most of way to baby beach, then hike part of the way. As we currently reside in the desert (i.e temps of 125 degrees in the summer with brutal sun) I don't believe the heat will be a bother. That said, we'll probably rent a car for a day or so, just to explore the lay of the land. Thanks for the replies!!

Hi if your taking the bus in Aruba can you transfer to another bus at the bus terminal in downtown Aruba.

I should know this but can't recall doing this. I would like to take the bus from Eagle beach to downtown Oranjestad and connect on a bus going south past the airport. Would I need to buy a second ticket or can I use a transfer

Also what bus route goes along the highway past the airport? Thanks

By the way its a bit more windy than normal currently in Aruba whether is HOT as to be expected
    Once I get Wi-Fi setup in my room I won't be on the computer much as I'm here to CHILLLAX

Aruba since 1979
    yes "chillax and enjoy".

the answer is "transfer"

check out www.arubus.com for routes.

Quote Originally Posted by tcmazz View Post
    Hi if your taking the bus in Aruba can you transfer to another bus at the bus terminal in downtown Aruba.

I should know this but can't recall doing this. I would like to take the bus from Eagle beach to downtown Oranjestad and connect on a bus going south past the airport. Would I need to buy a second ticket or can I use a transfer

Also what bus route goes along the highway past the airport? Thanks

By the way its a bit more windy than normal currently in Aruba whether is HOT as to be expected
    Once I get Wi-Fi setup in my room I won't be on the computer much as I'm here to CHILLLAX

SmartCards

Are the buses now taking SmartCards for fares? If so, that's the way to go. We have been using SmartCards in the Balt/DC area for a while, and it is sooo convenient.

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    smart cards are not really for tourists. I checked into it and you have to go to some location, fill out pperwork, yada yada and there is no savings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast