Aruba Beach

Thread: Driving in Arikok National Park

Driving in Arikok National Park

I know I need a 4 wheel drive vehicle to go to most attractions on the NE side of the island but can I get around the national park in my little Toyota rental?

Aruba since 1979
    if you go into the arikok and stay on the paved route you will be just fine.
    there are some low dips in the road but if you take them slow you will be fine.

right near the main entrance to the arikok is the BEST pizza and hamburger joint on island.
    i have no idea of the name, but it has good food and cheap beer.
    give it a try if you are in that area.

Thanks a lot! We will for sure try that pizza/burger joint too!

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    On our first visit to Aruba we rented a little sedan, and did a lot of exploring, and ended up in parts of the Arikok! It was sometimes a little scary, but we made it through! This year we rented a Rav4, and went off to see the "outback" -- wouldn't you just know most of the roads have now been widened and actually made drivable!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Micha View Post
    I know I need a 4 wheel drive vehicle to go to most attractions on the NE side of the island but can I get around the national park in my little Toyota rental?
    I only rent a small car when on Aruba and I drove to most of the attractions on the NE side. The road is a bit bumpy going to the Natural Bridge but it's doable. I drive there every time when on Aruba. Actually, I drive a LOT as I love exploring the island.

Going to the Natural Pool is difficult, even with a 4 wheel drive vehicle.

Aruba since 1979