Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Econo vs. Royal car rental agencies

Econo vs. Royal car rental agencies

Hi Everyone,

We've rented from Econo in the past and have been pretty happy with them. However, I'm seeing a much better rate on a similar vehicle from Royal-about $100 less for the week. Trip Advisor has some negative reviews on Royal. Has anyone used them recently and how were they do deal with and how was the vehicle? Also, I know Royal is not at the airport, are they pretty good about meeting you at the airport and shuttling you to their location? Does that add a lot of time to the rental check out process? We need to rent a bigger vehicle (looking at an SUV), that's why we aren't able to use a few of the other agencies. Some don't have SUV's or they're already booked for our vacation dates.

Last time I rented from Royal was Aug 2015. Very easy to deal with and the vehicle was fine. Not brand new, but I don't really want a brand new vehicle anyway. Actually, I don't remember if it was last Aug or the Aug before, but on arrival I was ok with the vehicle they had for me and they wanted me to have a nicer one so came to the resort the next day to trade out the car.

Royal is just a few minutes away from the airport and they have always been there to pick us up. I travel with a minimum of 7 people so we usually leave everyone at the airport with the luggage and 2 of us go to get our cars then come back to the airport to pick everyone else up. Shuttling over to their office takes about 5 minutes.

I've rented regular cars & a 13 passenger van from them and have been happy with every experience. Last year our flight left late in the day so they had us leave the cars in the parking lot at the airport. Could not have been more easy!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We've rented from Royal a few times in the past and have reservations with them next month. Send them an email and they will get back to you rather quickly. We get picked up at the airport, there is a driver with a sign with your name on it, and he takes us right to the office. Same thing on return. Get there a bit early and they drop you off right at the door for departures. We like them very much... you can always find bad reviews on TA for just about anyplace, as some folks will bitch about the most trivial things.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I have been using Royal as well during my past visits, it's a few years ago, last visit in 2010. My experience with Royal was always good. I would use them again. The handling is how WaltVB described, quick and easy.

i just reserved with them for next month. they are always at the airport to meet us and are great to work with. have used them many times. Also....just as a tip...we always video the whole exterior of the car and make them mark down all damage. have NEVER had a problem.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    i just reserved with them for next month. they are always at the airport to meet us and are great to work with. have used them many times. Also....just as a tip...we always video the whole exterior of the car and make them mark down all damage. have NEVER had a problem.
    Same here!

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    We've used Royal to rent a jeep each time we were down. The vehicles never look as nice as some of those from Amigo or Top Drive but that is never what I am looking for anyway. The price is right and the service is adequate. They aren't so great that I wouldn't switch to another company for the right deal but are good enough that I don't see the need to actively search for a new company. I've read Royal horror stories but usually take those with a grain of salt. On a couple of occasions we have needed to have our car serviced but each time they took care of us in manner that I found satisfactory. Replacement was promptly delivered and after they fixed the original they dropped it off during the window they specified.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

I had a horrible and very expensive rental experience with Royal. Will never use them again. If you choose to rent from them, my advice would be to video the entire vehicle, inside and out before driving away.

Has anyone heard of Tropiccarrental (?)
    They quote me a fair price and even mentioned that I shall not need to buy insurance since most credit cards will cover me up to 15 days..
    Mid size 5 seat 4 door for 8 days. $210.00 taxes included.. think that is a fair price.

Was going to see if Bully can pick us and and take us back or his friend Hubert but both are busy for the every day we wanted..
    So thinking it must be a sign to rent a car.. lol

Aruba since 1979
    TROPIC
    is fantastic

i did not know that he had a mid sized vehicle

most of his are hyundai accent

but, in the scheme of things, maybe that is a mid size

we usually rent from tropic

he is fair, honest, wonderful!
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Has anyone heard of Tropiccarrental (?)
    They quote me a fair price and even mentioned that I shall not need to buy insurance since most credit cards will cover me up to 15 days..
    Mid size 5 seat 4 door for 8 days. $210.00 taxes included.. think that is a fair price.

Was going to see if Bully can pick us and and take us back or his friend Hubert but both are busy for the every day we wanted..
    So thinking it must be a sign to rent a car.. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast