Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Visit - Should We Rent a Car

Jeff of Rochester I'm from Syracuse NY and we will be traveling to Aruba again in March 2010. This will be our third trip and have bought a time share at the Marriott. Aruba is everything you could imagine and more. Paradise... Rent a car as they say for a few days but the public bus is great to useas are the taxis we had no problem getting around the island. But most of our days were spent on the beach... Enjoy and welcome to the forum!

My vote is to def rent a car for the week. If you're staying at the Marriott, that's $30 each way from the airport alone. If you go to the grocery store, thats another $35-40 r/t as well ($100 so far if you're counting). If you plan on doing any site seeing other than the ATV ride, you'll need a vehicle. The bus is cheap transportation, but i'm not sure if you'll want to do that with the kids in tow. I almost didnt rent one on my trip. I actually didnt make the reservations til 2 days before we left and it was the best decision I made. Taxi's are always readily available, but they add up fast. You're resort is the last one on the very northern tip. You can walk to a handful of restaurants but that'll get old when the kids start complaining. Just my two cents. Enjoy your trip.

Junior Member Jeff of Rochester's Avatar
    Thanks big guy!
    Next Aruba trip in Jefe of Rochester

Aruba since 1979
    from a person tht ALWAYS rents a car.... (me)

trnst7, very well said.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by trnst7 View Post
    My vote is to def rent a car for the week. If you're staying at the Marriott, that's $30 each way from the airport alone. If you go to the grocery store, thats another $35-40 r/t as well ($100 so far if you're counting). If you plan on doing any site seeing other than the ATV ride, you'll need a vehicle. The bus is cheap transportation, but i'm not sure if you'll want to do that with the kids in tow. I almost didnt rent one on my trip. I actually didnt make the reservations til 2 days before we left and it was the best decision I made. Taxi's are always readily available, but they add up fast. You're resort is the last one on the very northern tip. You can walk to a handful of restaurants but that'll get old when the kids start complaining. Just my two cents. Enjoy your trip.

We enjoy having a car as well. It's very easy to get around, and with the car you can get up and go whenever you want.

i agree rent a car or jeep for a few days...taxis can be expensive...i have a taxi driver who is amazing. i use only him...hubert kingsale his number is 297 593 7241 he is an amzing person...so if you need a cab call him...maybe call the day before maybe...he is popular

Dom
    I also rent a car for the 2 weeks I am in Aruba every year. I think it would probably be a bit less expensive to take cabs, but I like having the convenience of a car. This year, including all taxes, it is costing me about $320 total for 15 days.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

OK, I did it, I rented a car...
    Next Aruba trip in Jefe of Rochester

Aruba since 1979
    way to go JoR

now, what's next?

restaurant reservations?

andrea

Actually, yes... When should I start?