Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: First Visit - Should We Rent a Car

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Mom_13 View Post
    We have decided to rent a car for our entire 9 day stay at Tamarijn next month. It seems much easier to rent from an agency directly at the airport rather than taking a shuttle/cab elsewhere, but I was reading some old threads that suggest otherwise. Any thoughts? Any favorite rental agencies? I want this to be as "stress-free" a vacation as possible, which is why it seems easiest to rent at the airport....
    We have been renting at the airport the past 4 years and have used Hertz, but this year we got a much better rate from Budget for the week. It does take 10-15 minutes when you pick up and drop off, but then you don't have to deal with getting a rental at the hotel/timeshare and spending time once you're there. I think it comes down to personal choice- we always love driving from the airport to Palm Beach after we land as the excitement of spending the week in Aruba builds. We did rent from a local company 5 years ago and had a bad experience (bad tires, dirty car, lousy service) so we decided to go with the "name brands" and maybe pay a few extra $$. We have a Toyota Corolla (only 2 of us this time) from Budget for $215 week including airport fees, etc. so we're pretty happy. We love having the car available to explore, go to dinner, basically have freedom to go wherever we want whenever we want.

Hi,

All the rentals in the airport are the biggest like hertz, budget..........the smaller and with good prices are not there any more because of the high taxes!!!!!!!!!!
    If you need any help, let me know, I can help you with your rental, and with of course good prices and good idea for restaurants, nices beaches (easy everywhere!!!!), and maybe nice things to see!!!!

Pick up and drop of at the airport can be arrange!!!!

Take care

Sophie

Aruba since 1979
    the best help that you can be is posting here on the forum.

if you have car rental suggestions, please post in the "getting around aruba" section.

if you have suggestions on restaurants "culinary and culture"

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by sophieaua View Post
    Hi,

All the rentals in the airport are the biggest like hertz, budget..........the smaller and with good prices are not there any more because of the high taxes!!!!!!!!!!
    If you need any help, let me know, I can help you with your rental, and with of course good prices and good idea for restaurants, nices beaches (easy everywhere!!!!), and maybe nice things to see!!!!

Pick up and drop of at the airport can be arrange!!!!

Take care

Sophie

I use Tropic Car Rental very happy the gentelmans name is Hans he greets you at the airport he will be holding a sign with your name on it.
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456