Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fresh fish from the sea

Smile Fresh fish from the sea

Hi we will be in Aruba this coming Sunday for a week, I would like to know where I can buy some fresh fish and bring it back to my rental at LaCabana. Since we have been there so many times we don't bother renting a car and prefer the bus transportation.

Last time, I was told to go to the high rises where fishermen would come in with their catch early in the morning but I had no luck in finding fresh fish to cook.

I wouldn't mind trying out the ZEEROVERS place but can I get there by bus? or Bus and walking? See below link but everyone talks about taking a car
    Would I be able to get fresh fish if I were to go over zeerover early in the morning if so what time and would the bus be running?

Thanks for all your help and suggestions can't wait for some SUNSHINE AND HEAT!!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

i do not know if "zeerovers" is directly on the bus route. i hope that someone can answer that.
    it might be a good idea to rent a car for a day or 2 and sneak in some of those longer distance "errands/adventures", like buying fish, baby beach, arikok, alto vista.

here are some tagged threads about buying fresh fish
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/fres...ht%20fish.html
    (we have bought fresh grouper and snapper (i think) at Lings grocery and it was delicious and reasonably priced)

wishing you blue skies, 10 mph breeze, much sun!

Quote Originally Posted by tcmazz View Post
    Hi we will be in Aruba this coming Sunday for a week, I would like to know where I can buy some fresh fish and bring it back to my rental at LaCabana. Since we have been there so many times we don't bother renting a car and prefer the bus transportation.

Last time, I was told to go to the high rises where fishermen would come in with their catch early in the morning but I had no luck in finding fresh fish to cook.

I wouldn't mind trying out the ZEEROVERS place but can I get there by bus? or Bus and walking? See below link but everyone talks about taking a car
    Would I be able to get fresh fish if I were to go over zeerover early in the morning if so what time and would the bus be running?

Thanks for all your help and suggestions can't wait for some SUNSHINE AND HEAT!!

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Zeerovers is not directly on the bus route. You could walk from one of the bus stops on the main road, probably 1/4 mileish. It is on Savaneeta road just before Flying Fishbone and Old Man and the Sea.
    Last edited by Chrisvec; 03-06-2013 at 10:37 AM.
    9th trip to Aruba in

fresh fish

send to me pm i will tell where you could walk for fish

Hi yefim I have to post two more times in order to send out a private email, funny rules this board has. I need to post 5 times to post a link
    Not quite sure how this prevents any spam...etc

One more post then I will be at three

ok here's post number 3

Rough water today at sea

Hello tcmazz, welcome to Aruba once again.
    I just spoke to my husband about the availability of fresh fish for lent as we own a seafood restaurant and he said that fishermen are coming up little to nothing because of the rough sea so I would just try at handicurrari or even the port at Renaissance as they have many charters coming in. Due to the rough sea if it is bad they might not even go out. If they do I feel bad for the people who paid for charters because on good days it is rough, I cannot imagine rough seas. Good Luck on your fresh fish hunting and enjoy Aruba
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Aruba since 1979
    it prevents spam as......a spammer "might give up" if we make it a bit inconvenient.
    private messaging feature is enabled for newbies to message only moderators/administrators.
    spammer have been know to try to send spam by private message...

the rules are in place to "protect" the forum members.
    the rules do work well and this forum runs well.
    it is by far the best aruba bulletin board / forum in existence.

maybe yefim could message you?

Quote Originally Posted by tcmazz View Post
    Hi yefim I have to post two more times in order to send out a private email, funny rules this board has. I need to post 5 times to post a link
    Not quite sure how this prevents any spam...etc

One more post then I will be at three

Smile Update from Aruba

Update,

Currently in Aruba, so I just when into the new grocery store its fabulous it has a fresh bakery section and its very clean and priced smartly.

Also I found a fish store right beside the new superstore which is across the street from LaCabana its called fish daily will try them later this week.

Also something to note the price of bus transportation has doubled so now the new rate is $2.30 each way, I guess that will make the Taxi drivers much happier.

We changed rooms at LaCabana the air conditioning was too noisy changed back to a Studio, I'm a much happier guy as the FREE interact works awesome.

From SUNNY ARUBA, keep cool All

new shopping store

I am jealous tcmazz, you in Aruba and I am looking out the window in snowy conditions after a high yesterday of 54. Hail, wind, snow oh how I wish I was there sooner. I am glad that big supermarket opened, I was wondering what the details were. Keep me updated and sorry to hear about your LaCabanna situation.
    Bon Bini and enjoy...
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast