Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fresh fish from the sea

Next time we are going to look at 2 weeks,

The new super market is excellent you basically will find almost everything you have home. So I won't worry about packing any groceries except for some specialty items. The prices are surprising reasonable. So far the waves have been strong and rough between LaCabanna/ Oceania and Costa Linda the beach is mostly deserted due to the water making in roads as a result of the rough waves/ high tides.

Today for what ever reason I woke up early and witness people going out claim their stake at the beach or chairs by the pool, blows my mind.

Maybe I missed it in an earlier post, but what is the name of the new supermarket and where is it located? We are coming to Aruba for the first time in a couple weeks.

Aruba since 1979
    New Super Food grocery store
    check above thread
    superfoods...mixed reviews
    it is located on the site that used to be home to mini golf and the alfredos restaurant and the wild hog bbq
    across from the Tropicana Resort.

QUOTE=2PharmDs;241889]Maybe I missed it in an earlier post, but what is the name of the new supermarket and where is it located? We are coming to Aruba for the first time in a couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

ummm, fresh seafood. We've been fairly lucky so there are two spots I will recommend. The pier adjacent the Marriott Surf Club has some interesting finds, although not as consistent as you may want. However for the adventurous types.......you just never know. On some year's we have nabbed Lobster, Snapper, Grouper from the fisherman who bring it right out of the water. HOWEVER, even though you do see many fisherman, sometimes their catch is already designated for a specific restaurant. The time is another tricky factor, but I would suggest between 10am - 2pm. Another good spot is the pier downtown, adjacent the Renaissance Hotel. A couple of months ago, they were pulling out large fish. Plus, they will clean them for you. But, it truly is a mixed bag. The other alternative (which we use to do) was simply purchase from Lings. Yes, they do have some good buys but it is nothing like being able to nab fish straight out of the water. Then again, I know of people who (in my opinion) have forked out a nice ransom to go on a fish excursion - only to come back with exactly what they left with - NOTHING. So, they paid for a boat trip - lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12