Aruba Beach

Thread: Fri Dec 21 6:30 am airport roundabout OPENS!

Aruba since 1979

Fri Dec 21 6:30 am airport roundabout OPENS!

http://arubaherald.com/local/3917-ne...at-630-am.html

friday, dec 21 airport roundabout opens!

Airport Rotonde Open!

The new circle at the intersection between the Route 1 and the Airport is now open. Quite nice. Here's a few photos that aren't the greatest but will give you an idea of what to expect. They are from heading south to the circle.

http://bentpage.net/2012/12/22/airport-rotonde-aruba/

Bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Will there still be traffic lights getting out of the airport?

Hi there, I will be visiting Aruba for the first time in mid January. After renting a car and driving out of the airport, will there be traffic lights before turning left to the hotel zone, or will this new roundabout replace the traffic lights? Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    it is my understanding that the roundabout REPLACES the traffic signal lights.
    looking back at dan's (san nic) photo, it does indeed look like there are no traffic signals.

Quote Originally Posted by isimpo View Post
    Hi there, I will be visiting Aruba for the first time in mid January. After renting a car and driving out of the airport, will there be traffic lights before turning left to the hotel zone, or will this new roundabout replace the traffic lights? Thanks!

Thanks Andrea J. ! So I guess when driving to the north of the island from the airport( I will be renting a house in the Opal area), I would have to turn right into the roundabout, instead of turning left? Hope I won't get lost the moment I set foot on the island : )
    Last edited by isimpo; 01-03-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    yes.
    roundabouts are so much fun.
    we from massachusetts seem to be the only ones that know how to navigate them.

we were in the caymans last week and they drive on the left side of the road, and go around the roundabout clockwise......and we are used to counter clockwise!

you probably should just follow the traffic
    Thanks Andrea J. ! So I guess when driving to the north of the island from the airport( I will be renting a house in the Opal area), I would have to turn right into the roundabout, instead of turning left? Hope I won't get lost the moment I set foot on the island : )

Thanks! We were in Grand Cayman and Provo last year and the year before. We had no problem with their clockwise roundabouts since there wasn't much traffic. I guess the counter clockwise roundabouts in Aruba will be easier for us, North American drivers. Thanks again.

Just got back from Aruba and would like to thank SanNic44 and Andrea for the instructions. It was a breeze getting out of the airport! Driving on the island was pretty easy for this first timer : ) Took a bit longer to find Baby Beach though.

Aruba since 1979
    in 38 trips to aruba, i still get all messed up getting to baby beach. dear husband always predicts we will mess up and he is always right.....well he is always right when it comes to baby beach
    Just got back from Aruba and would like to thank SanNic44 and Andrea for the instructions. It was a breeze getting out of the airport! Driving on the island was pretty easy for this first timer : ) Took a bit longer to find Baby Beach though.

glad the roundabout is finished.....it was strange trying to navigate around the airport to get to baby beach last november.....will get to try it for the first time in april.....yippee !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME