Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Garmin GPS

Quote Originally Posted by thadius65 View Post
    This worked flawlessly on a Garmin for us this trip.
    Good to hear. Everything should be correctly represented, including one-way streets.
    Last edited by dakrause; 10-10-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Here is a brief comparison.
    A commercial map(note: one way streets apparently not represented):

Venrut:

Garmin told me they do not have maps that cover that region.

Quote Originally Posted by bornbrit1 View Post
    Garmin told me they do not have maps that cover that region.

You are correct, Garmin does not have maps for the region...

Go back towards the beginning of the thread and VENRUT is a supplemental map which you can download to your Garmin.

Quote Originally Posted by dipeblnd View Post
    I know this is an older thread but I am hoping someone can help me figure out how to download Venrut. I went directly to the developer site but you have to register, which i tried to do but i keep getting some erro rmessage about cookies which are enabled. Is there some sort of opensource or torrent site that i can download this form?
    Hi, the venrut now requires registration, you have to pay 17$ for register, and the map of Aruba is not as complete as the www.arubagps.com map that is 25$ for a year subscription
    I went to Aruba in October, and find this map on www.arubagps.com. First I have my doubts about paying for a map because I had tried the www.gpsyv.net map before they started to charge for registration, but there was a lot of places that are not in the map. I choose to pay for this arubagps map, and take my cellphone to the address they send me on the subscription form and like in five minutes they updated my Navitel Version and Install the map on my android phone, When I start to use it it was much better than the Venrut. the ArubaGPS map has the houses addresses, so for example I needed to go to a government building named DOW (Dienst Openbare Werken), which is not on the map, but I search for the house address Sabana Blanco 66 and found it. So I can search for the business name or the Address. I only pay 25$ for the map, but it really worth what I pay and more. If you are not confortable with paying online with paypal, then you can take your GPS or Android Phone and they install the map for you and you pay in cash with USD or Aruban Florins.
    Last edited by orion2005; 03-11-2014 at 09:24 AM.

That last post seems suspiciously like a hack job from someone trying to sell his own map!
    Anyway, it is worth noting that Venrut covers all the area noted in the map below:

Quote Originally Posted by dakrause View Post
    That last post seems suspiciously like a hack job from someone trying to sell his own map!
    Anyway, it is worth noting that Venrut covers all the area noted in the map below:
    i agree. If you have an android phone, just use google maps! It's incredibly accurate!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456