Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Getting to the Flea market

Getting to the Flea market

I read an old thread, and the person stated they went to Flea market, that was walking distance from Renaissance Marina hotel

I was wondering if this was true, i thought the flea market was further West, say like 10-15 minutes away?

Also, what days and times are the flea markets open, looked for them online, but little info on times and days. Any info on them, whether a great place to buy souvenirs and such would be appreciated.

Open 8 - 5 Saturdays and Sundays.

The flea market is on the main road which leads from Oranjestad where the Renaissance is located and the northern part of the island towards the low and high rise resorts. It is just under one mile each way.

Best landmark is just south of
    Certified Mega Mall. Zoom out on the map and your will see the location in proximity to downtown Oranjestad.

Flea Market

thank you

i like to find flea markets on vacations, because you can find the best souvenirs at them. They aren't mass produced shirts, key chains, etc. many are hand made and actually a whole lot better than the more expensive items.

WHoa... my husband and i made the mistake of thinking the flea market was "walking distance" from the Renaissance a couple of years ago... while we did walk there we definitly took the bus back... it is quite a hike! we ducked into the drugstore for the air conditioning to dry off before we treked the rest of the way... i would definitely suggest the bus! we still laugh about our journey now!

Aruba since 1979
    what a hot and uncomfortable hike.
    live and learn i suppose.
    thank goodness for air conditioning along the way!
    Quote Originally Posted by dipeblnd View Post
    WHoa... my husband and i made the mistake of thinking the flea market was "walking distance" from the Renaissance a couple of years ago... while we did walk there we definitly took the bus back... it is quite a hike! we ducked into the drugstore for the air conditioning to dry off before we treked the rest of the way... i would definitely suggest the bus! we still laugh about our journey now!

we just laughed and called it exercise!

Thanks for posting about THAT walking experience.

I personally would never do it for that simple reason.

Unfortunately, over the years
    through the various forums, I have found that sometimes people do not think this is valid advice and they need to find this out on their own.

I find myself keeping my mouth shut instead of stating a fact. Thank you for saying what I was thinking but did not state.

Which in this case IS a fact that it IS a 1 mile in
    105 F. +heat index with a hot sun beating down on you.

I had to call my husbadn and tell him... he immediately laughed out loud and said 10-15 mins... more like an hour in the heat and humidity...this is a running joke for us it is still a very vivid memory 3 years later! hahhhaaaa

By the looks though it should not be a bad walk from Divi Dutch correct?

Aruba since 1979
    maybe a half mile or a tiny bit less from the dividutch.
    but hot is hot and if it is humid, you may be regretting walking for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast