Aruba Beach

Thread: getting lost

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

getting lost

it will be 3 days and we will be in aruba for the first time. now thanks to members here and the person we're renting from, our condo is on malmok weg. we know how to get there from the airport.

my question is, is that road considered to be a main road? is it ocean view? i ask because once we go about the island, to find our way back without having to go to the airport and follow directions, lol, should we stay to the ocean? is that road considered inland?

i know it sounds silly but i did that in mykonos. its such a maze to get around the town but if you followed the ocean, it brought you back to the center. i just was curious if malmok weg was considered a main road and also rides along the ocean. Just so i can have some sort of bearing or landmarks. if this question makes no sense, ignore it, sorry........

Aruba since 1979
    the main road in aruba 1A will have the water view on one side.....unfortunately, sometimes buildings will obstruct water's view.

also too the trees (fofoti trees) which many folks call the divi tree grow in the direction that the wind is blowing. typically those trees look like they are "reaching" towards the ocean.........and if your directions are good, that means west or north/south west.

when you arrive on the island, you will be handed a red plastic bag with a bunch of coupons. inside one of the books "Aruba Experience" there will be a mighty handy dandy map. use it religiously. it is a great map.

and as far as getting lost, cross it off your worry list.
    most of us have been there, done that and it is not only fun but easy to find your way home.
    (remember getting lost in aruba is not like getting lost in some scary place.....one will never see an armed commando with an AK47)
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-28-2010 at 09:40 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/TraveltoAruba/maps.aspx

click the above link

see MALMOK weg? it is also considered rte 2.

yes that road is a main road. with homes and business along the sides.
    it is a single lane in each direction with a few stop lights.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    yes, i see that, thank you. now i know if i see signs for Route 2, that's also the street we need and i like knowing that 1A is the Main Road.

Thanks so much everyone. I probably won't read or write for the ten days since I don't have a computer I'm taking with me. I don't even want a cellphone to come but I need that to check on my babies (1 dog & 3 cats). if not for them, i wouldn't even use a phone.

but i can't wait to write when I get back. I wish you were there when I'm there Andrea but alas, we miss each other by a day.....