Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Going on an Island Tour with Bully

Aruba since 1979
    i would ask him to take you thru the ARIKOK (staying on the paved rd)

Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    Bully said he would make it a nice tour, which I know he will, but maybe I should give him some suggestions, but I really don't know what to suggest
    Pat
    Bully is a life long resident of the island.
    If he does not know where to go, he may be in the wrong business. I for one, highly doubt that is the case.
    Honestly, the length of your tour may dictate where he will have time to take you.

Thanks you guys. I am sure you are right Lisa. Can't wait.
    Pat

On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..
    Hi Pat
    My hubby and I just got back from Aruba a few weeks ago. While we were there we had our first tour with Bully (thanks to the forum )
    He was wonderful. He was full of ideas, so I am sure if you tell him about your husband he will plan a nice custom tour without a lot of walking. If you are animal people I would recommend making a stop at the Donkey Sanctuary. He also took us somewhere and showed us indian drawings from many, many years ago which were really cool to see, I am drawing a blank on if there is an actual name of where that is, maybe someone can help me out. Also the giant cactus tree was pretty cool also..You will have a great time

Thank you so much. I just LOVE this forum.
    Pat

When we went on the tour with Bully in July,he took us on Half island. Our next trip, he said we would do the other half. So tell him what you saw and tell him to take you to the other stuff. He knows his island!!! The following links are some pics from our tour with him!

Decided to take down my timer!

Thanks. Last year we went on a tour with Cerry for, like you, 1/2 the island. I told Bully that, so I am sure he will take us to some neat places. I am sure he will do a great job. I can't wait to see the rest of the island. We enjoyed Cerry last year and really looking forward to going on the tour with Bully. I could't see the pictures, but I think I saw them last year. When I come back in the forum, I'll try again. Thanks!!
    Pat

Thumbs up Our Tour with Bully

I must say that this 2 hour tour with Bully was the highlight of our trip--so now you know it was GREAT.
    Bully picked us up at the Occidental just as we were walking out of the door. No waiting at all. The first question from him was where do you want to go. I told him that we had already seen the light house, chapel, a neighborhood--and so on--and I asked him to go where he wanted to take us. What a great tour. He showed us so much. It's not all about just seeing the island, but seeing it and leaning about it. Like the history of the "old traditional" home, how they are built and why they were built the way they are. He explained so much about the island and it's people. He had a story about everthing we saw. A cemetery and the history--the natural bridge and the history--the divi-divi tree and if you get lost they all point to the beaches..a catholic church--it's history--rock formations and history I could go on and on. We saw so many things and my ONLY regret is that is wasn't all day. I should also say, we saw so much but we were NEVER rushed!!! He took so much time answering questions whenever we asked and you didn't ever feel you were on a schedule. He wants you to get out of the tour what you want. I couldn't believe that the two hours were over when they were. We could have stayed all day with Bully.
    We forgot our camera, and Bully took pictures from his ipod for us. I can't say enough about this man. I just say PLEASE, if you want a great tour call him you will never regret it. He makes everything special.
    In closing we saw the BIGGEST cactus "tree" I have ever seen. Couldn't get my arms around the trunk.
    Learned--don't follow a car with a license plate starting with V--- (they are visitors and probably lost)
    I learned there are good Boa constrictors and bad ones. I saw the good one--it was DEAD!
    AND-----a happy wife is a happy life.
    You can't go wrong with Bully. I thank you Bully for everything you did for us. I am proud to call you my friend.
    Pat

Aruba since 1979
    GREAT!!!
    the only Good Boa on aruba is a DEAD Boa on aruba.

periodically there are BOA hunts.
    Boas not native to aruba and they kill whatever is the size of a chicken or smaller and in its way............beautiful birds and owls "gulp".

We have seen a few dead in the road...... yuk

Thanks for the advice!! I never thought about Bully taking us where he wants for our 2 hour tour!!!!
    I want to see the Chapel, but other than that, Bully will be in charge. I love this forum.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast