Aruba Beach

Thread: Hi There/rental car for 6

Hi There/rental car for 6

New to the forum , though I have found valued info for our first trip last year. My family and I will be traveling back to paradise in April , and I was wondering if someone could answer a question for us...car rental @ airport for a party of 6..best deal?...and not to be without drama...my parents are currently owners at the Aruban!! So alternate accomidations have been made already(thanks to my browsing of this vital web-site on Sunday , it has been nothing short of wonderful , from the advice to travel stories...) As of today a meeting with the Minister of Tourism has been made during our stay...kudos to the current Government , and hopefully the issue can be resolved..my kids are going to miss the pool/slide at the Aruban.

Welcome to the forum.

As to car rental at the airport, I know Amigo has an office there
    http://www.amigocar.com/

Be aware that the car rental agencies must pay a "premium" to the airport authority which is then passed on to renters.

For Amigo it is stated on their website

"A 10% concession fee will be added to all Airport reservations. BeginningJanuary 2007, BBO (sales tax) of 3% will be added to all rentals."

One bit of good news is that I believe effective sometime this month the BBO tax was reduced to 1.5 or 2%. You are best off clarifying the policies with each individual agency. car rental agency listing There are some rental agencies directly outside the airport who will provide a shuttle service to their office.

Aruba since 1979
    i moved this from the "welcome" section
    will get more hits and suggestions here re: car rental

hope the aruban resort reopens under good management this time.
    andrea

Thanks for the welcome! We are in the process of deciding on how long to rent a car/jeep for...last year we rented for 4 days and it was perfect , although we had a shuttle to and from airport. We did manage to book at Amsterdam Manor...so we are a little closer to the beach , and IF the Aruban happens to open we can opt out with no penalty or loss of deposit (talk about hospitality!) My family is so grateful that we found out about that situation seeing as owners do not seem to be in the know unless they are on top of current events on the island...once again thank you for being an incredible source of information , and genuine. I can almost feel the warm breeze...aaahh.

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    We just rented a Ford SUV from Amigo @ the airport that seated 6-Ford Everest I believe. I dont know the price, my father handled that part. It was diesel. It drove ok he said, the only hard part was getting into the way back-so that might be somethink about-had to climb in and could be difficult-especially after a few drinks!

Car Rental

Hi, I have had great luck with RubaRent. They are located at the airport and are the cheapest. We rented a van the last time we were in Aruba. That was 2 years ago and can't remember the price but I know it was the cheapest. I always do extensive research. I researched again for our February vacation and they are still the most reasonable. They are very easy to deal with. Just email them Do a Google search for RubaRent and you will get the link. I tried to include their email and link but the forum won't allow because I don't have 5 post yet. Good Luck