Aruba Beach

Thread: Hourly Car Rental?

Hourly Car Rental?

Hi,
    i will be in Aruba in early September for a full week I am looking to rent a jeep towards the end of that week for 3 days to do some exploring but i am also interested in hitting the Supermarket the first day we get there to stock up on some things. Not sure how i will be getting to the stores that first day so i was interested in finding a car rental place that would give me a car for just like 2 hours. and charge me for only the 2 hours.. does this type of rental exist?
    thanks!

IF anyone does rent by the hour, to solely use a car to get back and forth to the grocery store, unless you are staying in San Nicolas, a taxi is surely going to be less expensive.

FWIW, I do not recall seeing anyone rent hourly in Aruba. Even in low season, car rentals are more often than not at a premium due to limited number of cars on the island.

Maybe call all around to the agencies the day of and see if anyone has a car sitting around they would be willing to part with for a couple of hours.

Aruba since 1979
    none will rent hourly
    some will rent for minimum of 24 hrs
    others 48 or 72 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaBound76 View Post
    Hi,
    i will be in Aruba in early September for a full week I am looking to rent a jeep towards the end of that week for 3 days to do some exploring but i am also interested in hitting the Supermarket the first day we get there to stock up on some things. Not sure how i will be getting to the stores that first day so i was interested in finding a car rental place that would give me a car for just like 2 hours. and charge me for only the 2 hours.. does this type of rental exist?
    thanks!

ok thanks for the info!

GHM
    A taxi would be your best bet. If it is somewhere you will not be able to hail a taxi back from easily then they will happily wait for you, or will come back for you at an agreed time. In my (limited) experience of Aruban taxi drivers, they are pretty flexible, and there are many to be found around the towns/hotels.