Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How far in advance to book rental car or jeep?

The thread may be a little old, but the advice is still the same today, why not plan in advance if you have the option? There are only a limited number of vehicles on the island.

This from a recent visitor...

Back from Our First Visit!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Michele View Post
    if you want to rent a Jeep, do so before you arrive. Jeeps were sold out at all of the car rental agencies we checked. We had to make do with a truck. It worked fine, but we missed the Jeep experience.

Budget Locations

On my last trip I picked a car up at the airport, used it for a day to stock up on groceries, then returned it in Palm Beach.

I was going to go with Budget this time, but cannot get a response from them on where their Palm Beach location is. Is the the 'Tango Hut' they refer to on their website? And where is this located? I thought I saw a Budget booth at Palm Beach Plaza but can't remember for sure.

I have reserved a car as soon as I book my tickets. No later than two months before arrival. It costs you nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by sdlyons91 View Post
    On my last trip I picked a car up at the airport, used it for a day to stock up on groceries, then returned it in Palm Beach.

I was going to go with Budget this time, but cannot get a response from them on where their Palm Beach location is. Is the the 'Tango Hut' they refer to on their website? And where is this located? I thought I saw a Budget booth at Palm Beach Plaza but can't remember for sure.
    IF their office is still there, which is sounds like it is, the Palm beach location is in a kiosk type structure at the Arawak Garden. It is the complex across the street from the Occidental that has Salt & Pepper, Fishes & More, Tango, Casa Tua & I believe Burger King.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i agree with andym. we always reserve our cars when we book no matter where we are going, if its here in the states or elsewhere. it costs nothing to reserve and at least you're good to go. you can always cancel if you find that you're not going to need a car....

When we rent a car we always call ASAP, I guess it depends when you are going. Sometimes it is harder to get a rental during January/March. This is a very busy time.
    To play it safe I would get something as soon as you know the time you will be there.

i agree with everyone else. you should book your car as soon as you book your tickets. you can always cancel if you have to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12