Aruba Beach
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By guitarwizz
  • 1 Post By Love Aruba
  • 2 Post By rob o

Thread: Hubert the Taxi driver

Hubert the Taxi driver

Just got back from a week's stay at Marriot Aruba Surf Club. We used Hubert (Bully's brother in law). This is the guy to use if Bully is not available! He was there to greet us at the airport with name card. He was $70 round trip (that included tip-to hotel on arrival date and from hotel on departure date). Great guy and he knows Aruba
    Last edited by guitarwizz; 05-24-2011 at 12:07 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by guitarwizz View Post
    He was $70 round trip (that included tip-to hotel on arrival date and from hotel on departure date).
    Just to clarify for everyone , the fare from the airport to the Surf Club is $25 each way.

I am sure Hubert appreciated the tip. He is every bit as nice a fellow as Bully.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 05-24-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    big hugs to guitarwizz
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarwizz View Post
    Just got back from a week's stay at Marriot Aruba Surf Club. We used Hubert (Bully's brother in law). This is the guy to use if Bully is not available! He was there to greet us at the airport with name card. He was $70 round trip (that included tip-to hotel on arrival date and from hotel on departure date). Great guy and he knows Aruba

He picked us up as well. What a way to start a vacation. He is a wonderful man. Nothing like getting your luggage then seeing this man with a HUGE smile holding a card with your name. How SPECIAL you feel. I thank you Hubert for an amazing start to a wonderful vacation.
    Pat

Hubert also picked us up at the airport last week with our names on a sign. Bully's van was in the shop. Hubert was very nice and most professional. We later used Bully for an island tour as I previously mentioned in another thread. Thanks Hubert for your great service.
    Rusty and Linda

Hubert is a very nice guy.

Chat with him about baseball, he knows his stuff. His brother used to play in the major leagues.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

i had Bully and Hubert pick us up.

Hubert was a riot, we had a good time talking to him, as he picked us up from the airport. Met his wife, when he picked us up from Passions(june 19th).

Bully was extremely friendly and helpful, cannot go wrong with either.

I tried to email him to say thanx, but never got a response from Hubert.

To be honest, we never had any problems with any of the cab drivers, all were cordial, helpful, and professional.