Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: If Bully unavailable, then "who?"

Bully is picking us up TOMORROW for our 2 weeks there!! yippee!!
    We used Cerry in the past for an Island Tour, he was great! But I don't think his truck can fit 5 passengers.

Made last minute decision to not rent a car, and now scrambling to find airport transport. I emailed Bully on the OFF chance he may be available, obviously he is not and in his email says that he is not able to recommend anyone. I have emailed several of the other services mentioned in this thread and have had no response thusfar. *sigh*...no big deal I guess, it is just my husband and I, so we can certainly go to the cab stand armed with our chart of rates. I guess I just like to have things lined up, and I would like to stop for some basic groceries en route to the hotel. Is this something a cab driver would be willing to do? I would of course be willing to pay extra fare if necessary...

8 days to go!! I'm so excited I can't stand it!!

Aruba since 1979
    sorry to hear that bully is unavailable.
    you will be just fine taking a cab that is already there at the airport, that is in the line up.

yes, know the fare ahead of time and you could consider being dropped at the grocery and having the cab wait. there is a wait fare as well.

http://www.aruba.com/sigma/Aruba_Taxi_Fares.pdf
    relax.
    get packing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by brigidsmom View Post
    Made last minute decision to not rent a car, and now scrambling to find airport transport. I emailed Bully on the OFF chance he may be available, obviously he is not and in his email says that he is not able to recommend anyone. I have emailed several of the other services mentioned in this thread and have had no response thusfar. *sigh*...no big deal I guess, it is just my husband and I, so we can certainly go to the cab stand armed with our chart of rates. I guess I just like to have things lined up, and I would like to stop for some basic groceries en route to the hotel. Is this something a cab driver would be willing to do? I would of course be willing to pay extra fare if necessary...

8 days to go!! I'm so excited I can't stand it!!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-13-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    waiting time is $3 for 5 minutes ...........20 minute run thru the grocery store would be $12
    added on to the fare of airport to resort.

Thank you so much Andrea! This is just the kind of information I needed...I love the link to the rates so I can print out. And the info on the waiting time is something I've never seen before and such a big help! I think it will be totally worth it...and good to know when I meet with the taxi driver.

I know, I need to pack! I haven't even started! I will maybe start this weekend!!! But I can't stop thinking about it!!!

Always verify taxi fares with taxi drivers before setting foot into their taxi. If you do not have the rate sheet with you, drivers are required by law to provide it for your inspection upon request.

.... and don't forget to take the taxi license plate number, sometimes people forget things in the taxi and if you have the taxi number it will be easier to find the taxi you used.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123