Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Jays car rental

Aruba since 1979

Jays car rental

We rented a minivan today from Jays

We were a group of 7

the car was exactly as promised EXCEPT that we were charged an additional $20
    because there were 7 of us.

I had copies of the emails and confirmation to show to the agent.
    in a nut shell it said 7 passenger minivan including tax and extra insurance $90

we paid the additional as we wAnted to get going to the beach and did not want to haggle.

When we we returned the vehicle I mentioned again about not honoring confirmations and I was unhappy.
    my husband spoke to him for a while and got him to issue a $20 credit.

Not sure whether to like this, or mark it as a place never to use. That's sneaky, but they manned up....
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    They may have manned up for Paul but how many people who didn't confront got screwed & paid the extra??? I think I would file them under "no thanks"

When I asked about renting a car they told me we needed insurance, (explained my credit covers it as well as my own insurance) then they wanted an extra $10.00 per day for an extra driver, I declined.

Glad things worked out for you Andrea. It's a shame anyone has to squabble over a 20 buck "hidden fee". I thought Jay's got a glowing review last month here on the forum??

Aruba since 1979
    Thanks!
    my gut tells me they were trying to fleece cruise passengers.
    As I was getting our vehicle I listened to one of Jay employees and a cruise customer barter.
    I found that frustrating and sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Glad things worked out for you Andrea. It's a shame anyone has to squabble over a 20 buck "hidden fee". I thought Jay's got a glowing review last month here on the forum??

We had no issues when renting from Jay's this past February and March. No hidden fees. Very pleased with the service, the vehicle and the convenience of pick up/drop off. In fact, we've already reserved for our coming up November stay.

Aruba since 1979
    You were most fortunate to receive good service.

I have read numerous good reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Mark View Post
    We had no issues when renting from Jay's this past February and March. No hidden fees. Very pleased with the service, the vehicle and the convenience of pick up/drop off. In fact, we've already reserved for our coming up November stay.

Do you not think it is odd that they have a black out period of Dec. 15th to Jan. 3rd where they won't take reservations?

Glad I am already booked with Hans/Tropic
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Heard good things about Hans/Tropic... that's why I chose him too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast