Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Jays car rental

Aruba since 1979
    Yes maybe they have contracted their vehicles out already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Do you not think it is odd that they have a black out period of Dec. 15th to Jan. 3rd where they won't take reservations?

Glad I am already booked with Hans/Tropic

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Do you not think it is odd that they have a black out period of Dec. 15th to Jan. 3rd where they won't take reservations?

Glad I am already booked with Hans/Tropic
    Maybe they take the time off for the holidays - maybe not, but I'd like to hope family time is more important than the almighty $. Or maybe they vacation off island for the holidays? Or maybe they gift a nice few weeks of vacation to employees for the holidays?

I love pondering the Why...
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Interesting..Have never rented from Jay's, But have rented from....Amigo, Aruba Royal, American, More 4Less, Tropic, Econo and I think at least one more...have never had any issues with any of them...Rent for awhile from one then if I see a better deal I jump ship but not because of bad service. I have however recommended one or the other to friends and they have had issues with both AR and American, so I guess it depends on the day ????!!!
    I have had jeeps breakdown, but called the rental agency and had either a replacement right away or the vehicle fixed on site...so I think that probably doesn't count as bad service as much as it counts as good service...... The only thing I can think of that upset me is that we always pay cash at the end of the trip and the last time we rented from Econo they refused to switch out from the credit card to cash...weird, you would have thought they'd have preferred the money but...oh well. No more renting from them....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Jay's works for us thus far

I will stick with tropic car never have a problem and hans is a great guy. Dick.
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    Yup, we too usually go with Tropic but this time we needed a minivan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12