Aruba Beach

Thread: Jay's Rentals: Big Names v Independents

Jay's Rentals: Big Names v Independents

I have been a sucker for brand (known) names and have always rented from Budget. Last year was not pleasant as I got an older car with no consideration for customer loyalty, price break, etc. Maybe I didn't scream loud enough.

Anyway, this year, while wrapping up my trip details I searched for some options but knee-jerked again for Budget.

On my way to the kiosk, I was stopped by a person asking if I was looking for a rental. Obviously he knew the rates of the competitors as he belted out $165 for a week. It was only $35 more than I would have paid at Budget.

He quickly signaled a driver who whisked me away to the rental location (several independents are there) and presto - I was in a Nissan Senata with the air conditioning working and said "ummm, this is not that bad."

Of course I was skeptical - being whisked away with a stranger, but figured it was worth the chance.

Bottom - line, the $165 covered everything!!!! No taxes, no hidden charges, etc. and the biggest note is they wanted my business!!!

Jay's rental - about 5 minutes from airport. Ideal for those looking for options.

https://www.jayscarrentalaruba.com/

Aruba since 1979
    Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by sunscreen View Post
    I have been a sucker for brand (known) names and have always rented from Budget. Last year was not pleasant as I got an older car with no consideration for customer loyalty, price break, etc. Maybe I didn't scream loud enough.

Anyway, this year, while wrapping up my trip details I searched for some options but knee-jerked again for Budget.

On my way to the kiosk, I was stopped by a person asking if I was looking for a rental. Obviously he knew the rates of the competitors as he belted out $165 for a week. It was only $35 more than I would have paid at Budget.

He quickly signaled a driver who whisked me away to the rental location (several independents are there) and presto - I was in a Nissan Senata with the air conditioning working and said "ummm, this is not that bad."

Of course I was skeptical - being whisked away with a stranger, but figured it was worth the chance.

Bottom - line, the $165 covered everything!!!! No taxes, no hidden charges, etc. and the biggest note is they wanted my business!!!

Jay's rental - about 5 minutes from airport. Ideal for those looking for options.

https://www.jayscarrentalaruba.com/

I e-mail them and the taxe is 6.5 they price is very good .I make change car rental .
    thank you for sharing ginette