Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jeep

I am currently renting from them.... all I can say is DON'T DO IT..... I have had the worst customer service experience ever.

I stated that I was talking to him as if I was the owner and he was the employee... I responded no I'm talking as if I'm a paying customer that's not happy with your jeep that won't start...

I'm a really easy guy and that employee guy almost got a beat down.

I've already contacted my credit card company to make sure they don't try any funky stuff...

Rent from reputable or a major car rental company...
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-18-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Hi Andy,

I will be in Aruba for the 1st time and would like to rent a car for the week. Can you tell me when the special rates will be available?

Thanks
    Tina
    misstinado@yahoo.com

Aruba since 1979
    hi tina
    pls take this to private message to andy or go to avis' site and punch in your dates and vehicle type

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by ttdo1174 View Post
    Hi Andy,

I will be in Aruba for the 1st time and would like to rent a car for the week. Can you tell me when the special rates will be available?

Thanks
    Tina
    misstinado@yahoo.com

I just got back from Aruba on a mini-honeymoon trip (got married on Aug 8th '09, then my mother died 4 days later) so the original honeymoon to Maui had to be postponed to next year.

Due to the stress and sorrow, I had to get away for a vacation.

I did rent a car from Top Drive and it was the first time I did and it WILL be the last time I will ever use them.

While they may have good rates, their cars are real bad condition. Every car they have has exterior damages, dirty interiors, burn holes in seats.

When I arrived there, the only cars they have for me at the $140 a week price is the Chevy Aevo and a Mitsubishi Galant....not the Mitsubishi Lancer that I reserved online....

The guy told me I can get the Mitsubishi Galant for $20 more a week, I told him let me take a look at it....when I saw it...I saw at least 5 burn holes in the passgener and back seats...first thing I said no way...then I saw the green Chevy Aveo they had and the interior is better but the exterior is in bad condition....it had 160,000 miles.

They wanted me to sign the contract in the box "vehicle has been inspected" and I told them I'm not signing anything unless I inspect it.
    Then outside to look the car...looking around...it looks like it's been through a riot with no broken or cracked windows....also found a tire in the right rear with low air...they said it's ok and didn't do anything about it

I was like fine I'll take the Chevy Aveo and have switch it out to a better car the next day.

When night time fell, I turned my headlights on to go out to eat, the driver's side headlight is out!

I got on the phone the next day and told Top Drive the car is in terrible shape and it's a safety hazzard. Told them to bring a car to exchange it, a good condition and shape car...then they asked what hotel I'm at, I told them I'm at the Gold Coast in Malmonk. They said "oh we're busy, drop the car off at the main office in Noord and we will exchange it because we don't know if you're gonna like the next car"

I drove to the main office and the lady told me "um no you need to bring it to the place by the airport to exchange it" I told her "no they told me on the phone to bring it to the main office" then she called the airport office and told me to go there to exchange it...I told her "are you sure that is correct?..because I'm not going back and fourth on this"..then she said "yeah the airport office"

So off to the airport office...waited about 15-20 mins with a customer in front of me picking up a car...when I came up, I complained to them the car is in terrible shape and it's unsafe. Then they looked at the car fuel gauge and told me to fill it up. I told them since the car is in terrible shape, I had to drive to the main office only to be told to come here to exhcange it, my time and fuel was wasted for something unacceptable, I will return the next car with the same amount of fuel.
    Then they gave me this bullish line "to keep everything same we got to have all same level of fuels" so then I gave in haste and got it fueled to no more than I picked the car up with.

The next car they gave me was a Suzuki which is in better shape but still bad condition...the seats were dirty and dusty, scrapes on the driver's side door, insert in front bumper of the car was falling off, scrape damage to the passgener front corner, glove box inside the car was messed up, rear Suzuki emblem was missing.

When I returned the car at the end of vacation, the lady pointed out on the contract that I'm supposed to return it tomorrow...I gave her a look and said "listen, my flight is departing today and when I reserved this rental, it was for August 31st to Sept 6th as listed here on the printout, I don't know why they put that date there"

Talked to a friend who rented from them, they gave her a car with the muffler scrapping on the road...she had to get it exchanged and after hearing my experience, no one in my family and friends will ever use Top Drive again.

It will be Econo rentals or Avis from now on.

jaw
    I have used Ace Car Rental for serveral years and have always had good service and decent cars. May not be lowest price, but have never had a problem. They use Toyota cars. I usually get a RAV 4. You need something like a RAV4 if you go to the east side of the island. They have a website to get quotes and you can make reservation online.

Aruba since 1979
    condolences on the loss of your mom. sorry.

top drive sounds TERRIBLE

no one should have to endure the frustrations that you did.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by 777ER View Post
    I just got back from Aruba on a mini-honeymoon trip (got married on Aug 8th '09, then my mother died 4 days later) so the original honeymoon to Maui had to be postponed to next year.

Due to the stress and sorrow, I had to get away for a vacation.

I did rent a car from Top Drive and it was the first time I did and it WILL be the last time I will ever use them.

While they may have good rates, their cars are real bad condition. Every car they have has exterior damages, dirty interiors, burn holes in seats.

When I arrived there, the only cars they have for me at the $140 a week price is the Chevy Aevo and a Mitsubishi Galant....not the Mitsubishi Lancer that I reserved online....

The guy told me I can get the Mitsubishi Galant for $20 more a week, I told him let me take a look at it....when I saw it...I saw at least 5 burn holes in the passgener and back seats...first thing I said no way...then I saw the green Chevy Aveo they had and the interior is better but the exterior is in bad condition....it had 160,000 miles.

They wanted me to sign the contract in the box "vehicle has been inspected" and I told them I'm not signing anything unless I inspect it.
    Then outside to look the car...looking around...it looks like it's been through a riot with no broken or cracked windows....also found a tire in the right rear with low air...they said it's ok and didn't do anything about it

I was like fine I'll take the Chevy Aveo and have switch it out to a better car the next day.

When night time fell, I turned my headlights on to go out to eat, the driver's side headlight is out!

I got on the phone the next day and told Top Drive the car is in terrible shape and it's a safety hazzard. Told them to bring a car to exchange it, a good condition and shape car...then they asked what hotel I'm at, I told them I'm at the Gold Coast in Malmonk. They said "oh we're busy, drop the car off at the main office in Noord and we will exchange it because we don't know if you're gonna like the next car"

I drove to the main office and the lady told me "um no you need to bring it to the place by the airport to exchange it" I told her "no they told me on the phone to bring it to the main office" then she called the airport office and told me to go there to exchange it...I told her "are you sure that is correct?..because I'm not going back and fourth on this"..then she said "yeah the airport office"

So off to the airport office...waited about 15-20 mins with a customer in front of me picking up a car...when I came up, I complained to them the car is in terrible shape and it's unsafe. Then they looked at the car fuel gauge and told me to fill it up. I told them since the car is in terrible shape, I had to drive to the main office only to be told to come here to exhcange it, my time and fuel was wasted for something unacceptable, I will return the next car with the same amount of fuel.
    Then they gave me this bullish line "to keep everything same we got to have all same level of fuels" so then I gave in haste and got it fueled to no more than I picked the car up with.

The next car they gave me was a Suzuki which is in better shape but still bad condition...the seats were dirty and dusty, scrapes on the driver's side door, insert in front bumper of the car was falling off, scrape damage to the passgener front corner, glove box inside the car was messed up, rear Suzuki emblem was missing.

When I returned the car at the end of vacation, the lady pointed out on the contract that I'm supposed to return it tomorrow...I gave her a look and said "listen, my flight is departing today and when I reserved this rental, it was for August 31st to Sept 6th as listed here on the printout, I don't know why they put that date there"

Talked to a friend who rented from them, they gave her a car with the muffler scrapping on the road...she had to get it exchanged and after hearing my experience, no one in my family and friends will ever use Top Drive again.

It will be Econo rentals or Avis from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    condolences on the loss of your mom. sorry.

top drive sounds TERRIBLE

no one should have to endure the frustrations that you did.

andrea
    Thanks for the kind words...it doesn't seem to stop...found out today that my daschund dog Oscar didn't make it...he's 77 yrs old in dog years...thought he was depressed from my mother's passing away but apparently it wasn't that...for the past 2 weeks, he had to go thru 4 blood transfusions at the animal speciality center...they tried everything they could until he started to have a hard time breathing which was time for him to go.

Everytime he gets a new transfusion, his autoimmune system killed every red blood cells, even the good ones. basically it was destroying all the blood even with the autoimmune suppressant medication.

Aruba since 1979

sad

andrea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12