Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeep Rental for 3 days

Jeep Rental for 3 days

Hi all ! Long time lurker, 1st time poster ! We will be arriving in Aruba on April 25 for 11 days and would like to rent a jeep for a period of three days. I've searched these forum and most of the info is a bit dated as some of the links are no longer current. Does anyone have any good experiences with certain companies that rent jeeps ? I'm looking at "More4Less" as they have a 2012 4 door for $300 US/3 days. Seems reasonable, but I have heard stories of people arriving to pick up their car and it being hardly roadworthy. Any and All advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again !!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

more4less has a good reputation

check out this link
    http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/tr...rental?tid=289

Thanks Andrea ! Big Help

Tom, we used Budget across from the Occidental and with the Aruba Plus card the price came to around $325 for 3 days. Good clean jeeps.

Ended up going with "More4Less". Got a 2012 4 dr hardtop w/ automatic transmission (since the Warden doesn't know how to drive stick) , for $300/ 3 days. When I reserved it, I initially took it for May 1-May 3, thinking Fri, Sat, Sun.....3 days ! He told me that they consider one 24 hr period of time as a day, so if they drop it off at our hotel Friday at noon, we have it until Monday at noon. Now we have it from May 1-4. Yeah Us !

Aruba since 1979
    the warden .......hahahahahaha you are an evil evil man tom

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ok Tom, check your insurance and check if you take it off road.....
    ill be your warden and parol board now

HAHA....My friends and I call her "The Warden" as it's ironic.....She's so easygoing and puts up with me more than I KNOW I could if I were in her shoes. CindyO...enlighten me and tell me what I should be looking for insurance wise ?? I didn't take the CDW insurance and was just gonna rely on whatever my credit card and car insurance covers me for....should I be looking for something else ??

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I'm far from an expert on insurance on rental vehicles... Check with your car insurance agent at home I'm guessing

what you do need to know though some jeeps can't go off roading or to natural pool area. Some rentals are very specific on that.

others need to chime in here....

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    I usually don't get the CDW as the card we put the rental on told us to refuse the insurance. You'll want to speak to an actual person to be absolutely certain what is/isn't covered. As Cindy said most car companies won't want you to offroad in their vehicles, we have never let that stop us but have never been specifically told we couldn't. Besides I've always assumed Royal wanted us to beat their jeeps up considering the condition they are in when we get them.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast