Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Jeep Rental for a Day

Jeep Rental for a Day

We're finding all kinds of things to do during our brief stay (trikes, snorkel, sunset cruise), but still may take a day to ourselves and go tour the island. Would like to possibly rent a soft top 2-door Jeep vehicle for a day. From what I can tell, there is a rental place at Divi, and most places seem to fairly close in price. Is there a particular company I should deal with for this? It would be nice if it's either close to the Divi or even better, they bring it to me and pick it up (if they do that). Suggestions?

banchi

Never take life too seriously...you'll never get out of it alive!!

Aruba since 1979
    send Leavethekidswithmom a private message and ask for their recommendation

they are the jeep experts

banchi, please let us know what you ended up doing and what you thought of it. A day exploring the wild side while in the driver's seat sounds like fun.

Aruba since 1979

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Divi has Hertz and you cant take them off-road. Why a 2 door soft top? We like the 4 door hard top and the bigger tires with higher lift the better. Yes Rental Car will deliver it to the resort and pick it back up. More4less has some soft tops but we always get picked up by them from the airport and taken to their office 2 blocks away, they also have two monster open custom jeeps that run $295 a day, you need to contact them to see how you would get the jeep, they do have a US number. We just had the big black jeep from Yes and it took us anywhere we wanted to go.

Jeep Rental for a Day-more4ess-newest-arrival.jpg Jeep Rental for a Day-black-mamba.jpg
    Spring and Fall 2018 are hopefully in the works

I guess a four door will work. Just figured with the two of us, a four door was kinda overkill. Just like the idea of a soft top so we can take the top off (the Jeep) and enjoy the sky while tooling around. Definitely don't need the monster truck version. Not really planning on getting to carried away off-roading, but then again, I'm not sure where we could end up.

Over in the lobby of Casa Del Mar, near the Divi, there is Thrifty car rental. We rented a jeep from them for the day and it was in good shape. Easy rental, no problems. I believe our total for the day was around $150, including their insurance. You can reserve online ahead of time. We have also had success with Budget for a 1 day rental. For longer periods there are better options, but for 1 day it's all about convenience for me.

Aruba since 1979
    i do have to say.......... Banchi would you consider a "jeep tour?"

ABC has a good one! https://abc-aruba.com

Tours are nice, but already have a trike tour scheduled. Looking for something with less constraints that will let the wife and I go out and about and enjoy a day together, and see some sights along the way. Thus the soft top Jeep. Might as well keep working on that tan while your driving around in paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i do have to say.......... Banchi would you consider a "jeep tour?"

ABC has a good one! https://abc-aruba.com

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Bring some toilet paper for your wife and get a Borch map of Aruba.
    Spring and Fall 2018 are hopefully in the works

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast