Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeep rental for Natural Pool

Jeep rental for Natural Pool

We are taking our first trip to Aruba in September for our Honeymoon and we are hoping on visiting the Natural Pool and visit some of the other places off-road by the lighthouse.

How rough are the roads? Is there anywhere that a Suzuki XL7 or Terios cannot go? How about a standard SUV like a Durango? I want to avoid having to rent a Jeep Wrangler if I can, but do not want to get stuck.

Thanks

You cannot get to the Natural Pool in an SUV or AWD vehicle. You MUST have a 4 x 4 . Wrangler is probably the best bet, though the least comfortable. Imo, the NP is the only place on the island where you "must" have a 4 x 4 to get there.

After visiting the Natural Pool two times via 4 x 4, the ATV tour we just took for our third visit was by far easier and faster than 4 x 4.

Thank you! That just saved me a few bucks on renting an SUV for a week, only to find out that I will still have to get a true 4x4.

Aruba since 1979
    hey puff
    once we rented a 4x4 and had every intention to drive out to the natural pool...........
    paul noticed the fine print in the rental agreement and translated from lawyer lingo............if you bring this vehicle off road and it is damaged you are in deep do do. (held financially responsible)
    so, although many many folks do take the 4x4 out to the natural pool...........read the fine print of the agreement.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by puffthefish View Post
    Thank you! That just saved me a few bucks on renting an SUV for a week, only to find out that I will still have to get a true 4x4.

We have taken 4x4's out to the NP, but as Adrea stated, it's at your own risk....we have also rented quads and it is the same with the rental agency. They told us we could go to the NP, but if anything happened and we needed it to be repaired we had to get it out to the beginning of the National Park and then they would take it from there...........If you decide to rent something, just be mindful, the terrain is very ruff and rocky !!! However, all gloom and doom aside....it is the coolest place to visit at least once!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Having just returned and having done this trip before (twice)..and loving it, I will say the road is rougher than I have ever seen it...I suggest doing the ATV tour that Lisa took..It looked like the way to go, and I wished it was me, when I saw others doing it. The ride to the pools was not the high light of my trip as it was before...this is MHO...even with 4x4 we had trouble getting out, and the fine print of the car rental agreement was really at the fore front of my thoughts...all I could think of was how much it would cost if we got stuck...

Elise,
    Really missing Aruba right now!

Quote Originally Posted by puffthefish View Post
    We are taking our first trip to Aruba in September for our Honeymoon and we are hoping on visiting the Natural Pool and visit some of the other places off-road by the lighthouse.

How rough are the roads? Is there anywhere that a Suzuki XL7 or Terios cannot go? How about a standard SUV like a Durango? I want to avoid having to rent a Jeep Wrangler if I can, but do not want to get stuck.

Thanks
    Just rent the jeep for the day that you'll be going around the island or if you have planned on doing that in multiple days, get the jeep for the day that you'll be going to the Natural Pool.

Bryan Morris

Jeep rental for Natural Pool

I know the Raddison ( where I am staying) has a car rental desk, is that the way to go or is there a cheaper place to go with? I am going to give it a go and rent a jeep myself and try and try and piggy back one of the tour companies when they depart or just buy a really good map.... Any suggestions??

ARUBA in 10 days baby.......

Aruba since 1979
    my suggestion is to take an organized tour.
    when one rents a jeep or jeep like vehicle, and if there is difficulty involved out there in the rough area, the "renter is liable".

i always recommend folks take an organized tour instead of going off on their own (even following a group tour)

many of the car/jeep places have the renter sign an agreement saying that and i paraphrase "if you go out there and something bad happens, you are on your own"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    I know the Raddison ( where I am staying) has a car rental desk, is that the way to go or is there a cheaper place to go with? I am going to give it a go and rent a jeep myself and try and try and piggy back one of the tour companies when they depart or just buy a really good map.... Any suggestions??

ARUBA in 10 days baby.......

I am with Andrea, take a guided tour rather than chance it on your own.

I love this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKB1jSWXij0&feature=related

Watch closely to see what happens 1:24 into it. Hint- watch the rear tires...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast