Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeep rental for Natural Pool

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Madi's red Willy's came from Columbia. Her husband and son are both mechanics -- a good thing, she says! All three pedals have large plates welded on so your feet can stay on them -- the bouncing around is incredible, most of the drive to the Natural Pool was in first gear!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jeep rental for Natural Pool-img_5340.jpg   Jeep rental for Natural Pool-img_5343.jpg  

Windy I emailed Madi two days ago and have not heard back from her yet. Hopefully she responds soon.

8 days til Aruba ........

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    Windy I emailed Madi two days ago and have not heard back from her yet. Hopefully she responds soon.

8 days til Aruba ........
    Chris, there may be a problem with her email. We called while we were there, and were able to go with her the next day, so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to email her and see if I can find out what's up.

Living here in Colorado and spending the majority of my "playtime" in the mountains, I don't see a problem navigating those roads!
    Im actually looking forward renting a Dual-Sport motorcycle and checking out the natural pool! Hopefully Im able to find a place that rents those.

Quote Originally Posted by JRosco View Post
    Living here in Colorado and spending the majority of my "playtime" in the mountains, I don't see a problem navigating those roads!
    Im actually looking forward renting a Dual-Sport motorcycle and checking out the natural pool! Hopefully Im able to find a place that rents those.
    Have fun! Just remember that they aren't "roads", but more like wide goat paths, and they dip and turn, with big rocks and ditches! Plan on staying in first gear!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    Does MADI drive the vehicle and the tourists passengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    Have fun! Just remember that they aren't "roads", but more like wide goat paths, and they dip and turn, with big rocks and ditches! Plan on staying in first gear!!!!

Im pretty sure I will have a blast, I love off-roading! Dips, turns, big rocks and ditches are key to a good time!

It's more akin to rock crawling than off-roading. You have to constantly work on picking your line and trying to avoid the rocks that will rip up the undercarriage of the jeep or pop a tire. The pics rarely do justice to the contours. It's not hard, just takes time, patience and a little knowledge. Don't rush and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Does MADI drive the vehicle and the tourists passengers?
    Yes, Madi does the driving, and we rode with her. There's a third bench seat, so she can take 5 or 6. It's a private tour, with great dialogue and even some songs in Papiamento if you ask her! She knows all the other tour drivers, so there's lots of waves and exchanges (like "Ladies first!" at tight passes) along the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    It's more akin to rock crawling than off-roading. You have to constantly work on picking your line and trying to avoid the rocks that will rip up the undercarriage of the jeep or pop a tire. The pics rarely do justice to the contours. It's not hard, just takes time, patience and a little knowledge. Don't rush and I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Oh yes it's a challenge! Maybe a dirt bike (as in bicycle) would be a fun way to get there! And you're so right about pics not doing it justice -- I really wanted to take a video as we went, but had to hold on with two arms wrapped around the side bars and brace with both feet!!! Even then, we all kept bouncing into and landing on each other!!! -- and all this mostly in 1st gear! Wild but so much fun!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast