Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jeep rental for Natural Pool

Quote Originally Posted by jkeusch View Post
    Will just a car work for driving along the west side beaches or do you still need a 4X4.
    Welcome to the forum and best wishes on your upcoming anniversary.

It does not hurt, but is not required. It can be very helpful if you are traveling say between the California Lighthouse and collapsed Natural Bridge.

Can you reconmmend anycar rental places?
    Ground Transportation - Car Rental
    We have used Amigo numerous times with excellent service.
    Many here, if you only require a compact car, use Hans at Tropic Car Rental.

Should we reserve now or wait til we get there?
    Even though August is low season, the island is still busy with summer vacationers- families (since most kids are still out of school), honeymooners and couples such as yourselves. There are some who will tell you that you do not need to reserve until you arrive on the island.

LOL , been there done that, wrote the book. Tried that twice during low season, weeks slower than what you will find in August and both times had to juggle schedules because the vehicle we wanted was not available. I suppose it just may be that we are an unlucky couple.

Now we reserve in advance to insure we have the type of vehicle we want, for the date/days we want, with the company we want.

Sorry for so many questions, but this is our 1st time going to Aruba. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and I want to make it as special as I can.
    Welcome to the forum.

Thank-you Lisa for the information.

Could you please answer a couple more questions for me. If we rent a small car for 3-4 days can you get to all of the beaches?

Our thinking is that we could get to the hotel from the airport, go to the grocery store, and then spend a couple of days getting to know the island and the different beaches. After that we could use the bus system to get around. That would let us save some of our budget, so we can do a tour or something?

We are trying to get a hold of Madi for a tour of the Natural pool. The decriptions on this forum of her tours sound perfect.

Thank-you (less than 3 weeks till we get there.)

John

Aruba since 1979
    your car rental plan sounds perfect.

you can get to LOTS of beaches using a car rental.
    the beaches that are accessible by horesback or atv are beaches that are beautiful to look at but most likely cannot set foot into the water due to the surf conditions/roughness.

here are a few beaches to explore by car
    eagle, palm, druif all near the resorts
    arashi up towards the lighthouse.
    baby and rodgers down in san nic.

madi seems to not reply to any requests.
    i am wondering if she is in business or still on island?

Quote Originally Posted by jkeusch View Post
    Thank-you Lisa for the information.

Could you please answer a couple more questions for me. If we rent a small car for 3-4 days can you get to all of the beaches?

Our thinking is that we could get to the hotel from the airport, go to the grocery store, and then spend a couple of days getting to know the island and the different beaches. After that we could use the bus system to get around. That would let us save some of our budget, so we can do a tour or something?

We are trying to get a hold of Madi for a tour of the Natural pool. The decriptions on this forum of her tours sound perfect.

Thank-you (less than 3 weeks till we get there.)

John

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    your car rental plan sounds perfect.

you can get to LOTS of beaches using a car rental.
    the beaches that are accessible by horesback or atv are beaches that are beautiful to look at but most likely cannot set foot into the water due to the surf conditions/roughness.

madi seems to not reply to any requests.
    i am wondering if she is in business or still on island?
    I read on a thread that she was on vacation in Holland but was due back soon. Sorry, I don't remember which thread it was

Aruba since 1979
    i read the same thread too.
    there has been just 1 forum member that has been able to take part in the "maddi tour"
    so i am really wondering if she is still in business. a good/reputable business should have access to email and respond to requests, have a website and overall be in communications with prospective clients/customers.

i feel very uncomfortable with this forum providing guidance to use maddi and then maddi not replying. makes for very poor customer relations

A few more questions. What about Bachelor's and Boca Grandi. Are they easy to get to by car? I know the swimming is not the best, but they seem to be very pretty beaches. Can you get to any of the caves like Huliba or Fontein?

Are Boca Prins and Dos Playa worth seeing? Are they accessable?

Thanks for all your help.

John

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's

Unhappy

i read the same thread too.
    there has been just 1 forum member that has been able to take part in the "maddi tour"
    so i am really wondering if she is still in business. a good/reputable business should have access to email and respond to requests, have a website and overall be in communications with prospective clients/customers.

i feel very uncomfortable with this forum providing guidance to use maddi and then maddi not replying. makes for very poor customer relations
    So.......... I'm the one that had such a great experience in March with Madi and recomended her. Now I feel just terrible that she is not responding to emails. We saw an article by her in the morning newspaper at the hotel and called and left her a message. She called us later in the day and we went with her the following morning.
    I hope she's still doing the tours, but agree that she is not being very business-like! She does it all on her own, a one-woman show, so maybe it's just not very well organized as a business. Hit-or-miss doesn't work well!
    Her phone numbers are/were 746-1397 and 749-9414
    Sorry to disappoint anyone.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    I know the Raddison ( where I am staying) has a car rental desk, is that the way to go or is there a cheaper place to go with? I am going to give it a go and rent a jeep myself and try and try and piggy back one of the tour companies when they depart or just buy a really good map.... Any suggestions??

ARUBA in 10 days baby.......
    We rented a Rav4 from U Save next to the airport for our two-week stay and every day went out exploring for 2 -4 hours. There were places we never would have seen without it! For us it was definitely worth renting for the island explorations, and having a car to try different restaurants every night.

In today's edition of The Morning News (7/26/10), on page 4, there was a nice article about Madi. She indicated that she just returned to Aruba after a month in Holland visiting her sister. The article included her contact information, etc., so it looks like she is still in business - perhaps she is trying to catch up on all her emails! Here's the link: http://issuu.com/themorningnews/docs/july_26/4?mode=a_p

Good luck - hopefully you will hear from her soon!

Aruba since 1979
    great thanks for telling us i was beginning to think she was no longer in business.
    Quote Originally Posted by EHampite View Post
    In today's edition of The Morning News (7/26/10), on page 4, there was a nice article about Madi. She indicated that she just returned to Aruba after a month in Holland visiting her sister. The article included her contact information, etc., so it looks like she is still in business - perhaps she is trying to catch up on all her emails! Here's the link: http://issuu.com/themorningnews/docs/july_26/4?mode=a_p

Good luck - hopefully you will hear from her soon!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast