Aruba Beach

Thread: Jeep rental questions/age limits

Cool Jeep rental questions/age limits

Does anyone know the age restrictions for jeep rental? Not much experience with Jeeps? I have an almost 4 and almost 7 year old, would this be safe? We would like to see the Natural pool and general sights.

If you don't know how to drive a four wheel drive in real off-road conditions, don't even attempt the natural pool.

That sounds sane Chadd.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    april, join one of those jeep safari tours and they will take you safely to the sites.

thank you Cindy. I have been reading the forums and found your advice VERY helpful! This question may be ridiculous but do kids usually ride in the jeep wranglers around the island? Not necessarily for exploring but as a rental car for the week. We have decided not to go to the Natural pool. I have never thought about putting the kids in one? Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by aprilcloutier View Post
    thank you Cindy. I have been reading the forums and found your advice VERY helpful! This question may be ridiculous but do kids usually ride in the jeep wranglers around the island? Not necessarily for exploring but as a rental car for the week. We have decided not to go to the Natural pool. I have never thought about putting the kids in one? Thank you!!
    Jeeps are great vehicles, we had one when I was a kid and I spent a lot of time in the back seat of one, with and without the top. The only concern I would have is how much time they spend in the direct sunshine. If you have the top off they could get baked. Make sure you use the seatbelts on the kids if you do one of the jeep tours to the Natural Pool, they will bounce around a bit.

That sounds sane Chadd.
    I grew up around 4WDs and have owned a few myself over the years and I had to give up trying to get to the natural pool in the toy jeep we rented. I could have made it in a real jeep but it still wouldn't have been easy or quick.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    April, Yes, I have seen kids riding around in jeeps...however, if they were my kids I would probably sit in the back with one of them, and stick one in the front with my husband..that being said...I agree with Chadd 100%, jeeps are fun, you forget the sun is beating down on you, and boy, that sun can do a ### on you. Caution with the sun. The safari's look fun I must say though.

Best place to rent a jeep for the week? And approx. how much? thank you