Aruba Beach

Thread: Kid car seat

Kid car seat

I would like to know if aruba require car seat for kid .
    thank ginette

Aruba since 1979
    under current law they do not require

andrea

Kiwanis club on Aruba is working hard to get the government to change the laws on carseats. The official Dutch law on this (also European Union guideline) has not yet been implemented on Aruba. Google for kiwanisclubpalmbeacharuba and go to the news section for more info.

We have noticed that not all car rentals on the island provide clean quality carseats. That is why we as a store would like to provide another option to keep our little island visitors safe.

google for kiekebooharuba and you will find more info. Cant seem to get a direct link in here as i am not a die hard poster like some of you guys ;-)

Excuse me for the advertisement, but I hope the moderator finds it relevant enough for this forum. You should always have your child in a car seat, also on vacation.

Robbert & Peggy

http://kiekebooharuba.com/Rental.aspx

Rates?
    Will you deliver to a resort?
    Will taxi drivers allow these rented car seats in their taxis if they do not supply their own?

Welcome to the forum

Thank you for posting the link for us Arubalisa.
    Rates will be around 50 USD for a week, the seats are provided with a summercover that is washed after every rental. Seats will need to be picked up in the store.
    I don't think taxi drivers would have any problems to put in the carseat, maybe to be sure you could ask when calling for a taxi.

Have fun on your next trip to the island!

So it says the brand that you rent is Maxi Cos? Is that the only brand? I, as a parent myself, prefer a Britax carseat.

We have been bringing our son to Aruba since he was 4 months old - we have always brought our own car seat with us - it's not always convenient to carry BUT it's makes me feel better knowing that the seat has not been in an accident and that it functions properly + so far, the airlines have not charged us to check in the seat or counted it as a piece of luggage.

hi every body, i have always a child seat in mine taxivan and if you want to use it, you are welcome. just trying to help Ginette.

Morning everyone,

Another Sunny Day in Aruba.
    I hate it, waking up every morning and ...there is the Sun.
    For once I wished it snowed.
    ......hahahaha...I love this Paradise!!!!!

On the Child Seat:
    By law it is not mandatory yet. However, the law states that the children less then 12 years of age should be in the back seats with their safetybelt on.

We at Avis and most car rentals will rent you one, with our vehicles.
    Our price is $ 5 per day, with a maximum of $ 25 charge.
    That means if you stay a month, its only $ 25.

Be Safe!