Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Map of Aruba

Map of Aruba

Is it worth it to get a laminated map of the Island. No, can't rent a jeep they would bring me home in a box ( having an spinal epidural next Thursday). Renting a car for the 12 days we are there, just to have it available for the places we want to visit. Does anyone know if they are detailed? Should we just wing it and follow the Divi trees?

Aruba since 1979
    click link
    http://www.amazon.com/Laminated-Arub...orch+map+aruba

great map.

also too one of the free magazines (in resort lobbys) has a pretty decent and detailed map as an insert.

we do love our laminated map that we got on amazon yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathey View Post
    Is it worth it to get a laminated map of the Island. No, can't rent a jeep they would bring me home in a box ( having an spinal epidural next Thursday). Renting a car for the 12 days we are there, just to have it available for the places we want to visit. Does anyone know if they are detailed? Should we just wing it and follow the Divi trees?

Three things:
    1. Signs are not that great and sometimes confusing, so make certain you have an adventurous spirit
    2. You may find that a shorter rental period is sufficient and taxis will suffice for other days
    3. Consider taking a small compass to help you navigate (really)
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

1. Eagle Beach 2. Baby Beach 3. Natural Pool
    Cathey,
    I have a brand new Borch map (the same as the link Andrea posted) I bought one and forgot it at home when my wife and I got to Aruba I found one at a store. If you are in the US I will mail it to you for $10. You can wait until you receive it to send me the money if you wish. I will trust you for $10
    PM me if you would like it.

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    I finally decided to purchase this map after having read about it in years past. I have a HORRIBLE sense of direction and get lost frequently... Unfortunately, I didn't notice the ship date until after I finished placing my order. My new map should get to my house about a week after I return from my Aruba vacation!

Aruba since 1979
    maybe you will be lucky and it will show up before you leave?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBunches View Post
    I finally decided to purchase this map after having read about it in years past. I have a HORRIBLE sense of direction and get lost frequently... Unfortunately, I didn't notice the ship date until after I finished placing my order. My new map should get to my house about a week after I return from my Aruba vacation!

Thanks all, I PM'd Robin, that was the map Andrea suggested and I was interested in. Rob what an awesome suggestion taking a compass. DH normally says go right & I say go left. Most of the time HE is wrong. Heck we are up for an adventure. Thanks again all.
    Cathey

EvitaRodulfo
    Hello, if you feel lost at any time in Aruba, roll down your window and the best guides/maps are the locals, and believe me anyone and everyone will help you get where you need or want to be. Not only that Aruba is a very small Island, in about 2 hours you will go from one point to the other and back, and getting lost is very difficult. And the compass idea is indeed a very good one!!!

Evita.

This year, being on my own for the first time in a long time, I plotted a few trips from my hotel to all my favorite places and printed them using Google Maps. IF (& that's a big if) I remember to bring them, I should be ok. Most places I go to I've been there many times, but there are 3 or 4 places I always have trouble finding.
    Like Garufas (or El Gauchos), Nafanny's and a few others. (& if they ever take down the neon fireworks on that Chinese restaurant I'll never be able to find the Buccaneer again