Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: missed on Hans & tropic

mac

missed on Hans & tropic

delayed in making car rental rewerv with tropic and now hans is out of cars. have used them so long don't remember who else out there is honest and fair priced. any suggestions?

We use Payless/Optima and have been very happy with them.

Aruba since 1979
    ACE has gotten some very good reviews.

email tropic and ask if HANS has any recommendations.
    i would trust him

Quote Originally Posted by AhhAruba View Post
    Ditto! The only two car rental companies we use in Aruba are Tropic and Optima/Payless. Both have been great!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

i use ace 5 times a year, and when friend's and family are on the island, they also rent from ace. pick up at airport out of the rental office within minute's, when you depart and drop off the car that only takes a few minutes, which equals more time on the beach.
    nice new fleet of car's, and great people... ask for elizabeth.

Quote Originally Posted by AhhAruba View Post
    Another vote for Optima/Payless. Tell Hector I said hello.

We used Thrifty this year and i was very mixed on them. Their price was very fair but their cars seem to be beat up. We had a pretty worn out Kia wagon. The positive from our experience is that we had a tire issue (like caused by me when i went over a curb ). I called Thrifty and they sent over someone to the Surf Club to replace the tire. All i had to do was park the car in the lot near the front entrance and it was ready when i wnet to dinner. I was expecting a problem but they were super nice about it and dids not charge me anything.

I did notice a lot of Toyota Rent A Cars around the island and they all seem to be late models in really good shape. Maybe I can rent from Hans next year if i don't need a bigger car.

Question Can't Book Hans :( who would you book?

Hello!

Just booked for a trip in June! It will be our second time there, but the first time we did not rent a car. We would like to this time, and based on research here the first thing I did was send Hans an email for availability. They have nothing left for June

So, I thought I might throw it out there....if you couldn't book from Hans, where would you rent? I have seen the lists and seen some recommendations, but most everyone points back to Hans.

Thanks!
    Jeanine

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/thingstodo/gett...l/default.aspx
    here is a list, not a recommendation, just a list.

i do recommend going to "my aruba story" and reading trip reports and see if folks made mention of who they rented from.

write back to Hans of Tropic and ask his recommendation.
    i would trust his recommendation.
    please tell him Andrea recommended that you ask.

good luck

QUOTE=brigidsmom;221384]Hello!

Just booked for a trip in June! It will be our second time there, but the first time we did not rent a car. We would like to this time, and based on research here the first thing I did was send Hans an email for availability. They have nothing left for June

So, I thought I might throw it out there....if you couldn't book from Hans, where would you rent? I have seen the lists and seen some recommendations, but most everyone points back to Hans.

Thanks!
    Jeanine[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast