Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: missed on Hans & tropic

I've had great luck with Hector at Optima/Payless

We asked Hans for a recommendation when he didn't have availability for our January trip. He suggested Econo and Top Drive. We ended up with Top Drive because they offered the best price. Car was quite acceptable and better than some of the other rentals we have had in the past. So we are using them again on our upcoming trip because again, Hans has nothing available! We hope we are as fortunate again.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    http://www.aruba.com/thingstodo/gett...l/default.aspx
    write back to Hans of Tropic and ask his recommendation.
    i would trust his recommendation.

QUOTE=brigidsmom;221384]Hello!

Just booked for a trip in June! It will be our second time there, but the first time we did not rent a car. We would like to this time, and based on research here the first thing I did was send Hans an email for availability. They have nothing left for June

So, I thought I might throw it out there....if you couldn't book from Hans, where would you rent? I have seen the lists and seen some recommendations, but most everyone points back to Hans.

Thanks!
    Jeanine
    [/QUOTE]

Aruba since 1979
    folks need to know that Hans/Tropic only has 20something cars.
    as soon as you get your dates, email and reserve your vehicle with Tropic.

i would be willing to wager that he already has a lot of bookings for Christmas and New years!!

Quote Originally Posted by explorer213 View Post
    I've had great luck with Hector at Optima/Payless
    Ditto! For many years/trips we have used both Hans and also Hector at Optima/Payless (now called Payless) - both are great!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks so much for all of the replies! I think now I will look into Payless, and Top Drive.

Andrea, I actually did try to book my car as soon as I booked my trip ( I am a big planner)....my husband and I have strange schedules and sometimes can't plan trips very far in advance. Actually, us planning for June is quite in advance for us!! So, I probably will never be able to take advantage of Hans' hospitality. Hopefully checking into these other options I will find something suitable.

Thank you all for your replies!!
    Jeanine

Aruba since 1979
    u are welcome jeanine
    i hope that you are successful in getting a car rental.
    welcome to the forum!!!
    don't give up on TROPIC, next time that you want to book a car rental.
    he might have availability.

QUOTE=brigidsmom;221448]Thanks so much for all of the replies! I think now I will look into Payless, and Top Drive.

Andrea, I actually did try to book my car as soon as I booked my trip ( I am a big planner)....my husband and I have strange schedules and sometimes can't plan trips very far in advance. Actually, us planning for June is quite in advance for us!! So, I probably will never be able to take advantage of Hans' hospitality. Hopefully checking into these other options I will find something suitable.

Thank you all for your replies!!
    Jeanine[/QUOTE]

Thanks Andrea!!

I will probably be haunting around here a lot, as I like to try to collect as much info as possible! And hopefully once I return I can help some others.

Just emailed Top Drive and Payless, will let you know what happens. You are right though, when we hopefully return to Aruba very soon after our next trip ( ) I will contact Hans again! He does seem like the best from all accounts.

Thanks a million!
    Jeanine

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling

Who's number two?

Once again, we managed to wait too long to book with Hans at Tropic. We were about two weeks too late for July (already!).

So folks, which rental agency is your #2 go-to?

Optima/Payless contact Hector

jaw
    Adolph at ACE CAR RENTAL www.acearuba.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast