Aruba Beach

Thread: moped rental

moped rental

Do you know if they rent mopet someone ask me this ..
    thanks ginette

Question Moped

George's Cycle Rentals

Question mopeds

I've read in several places that it's too dangerous to drive mopeds. I would think they would be ideal, but are the roads that unsafe? How about for walking? I don't drive much and definitely wouldn't drive in a different country. I plan to bus and walk as much, but it looks like you basically have to share the road to do that too. What do you think?
    Arlette

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

i lean towards the opinion that mopeds (or their drivers) are not good on most of the roads in aruba.

but really, educate me.....is there a difference between mopeds and scooters? do people really get mopeds these days? or is it scooters (vespa like things) i thought mopeds were a thing of the 80s

lots of the drivers of 4 or more wheeled vehicles are on the roads. are the roads dangerous for riders or pedestrians? yes, maybe, or no all dependent where you are. the road from airport to downton.......fast cars, no pedestrians or bikes. road from downtown to san nic.......fast cars...no pedestrians or bikes.

lots of great walking in hi rise/palm beach, lo rise/ eagle and druif beaches and downtown. (all of those the main tourist location)

where will you be staying?

the bus works very well for so many!!

Quote Originally Posted by cocoa3c View Post
    I've read in several places that it's too dangerous to drive mopeds. I would think they would be ideal, but are the roads that unsafe? How about for walking? I don't drive much and definitely wouldn't drive in a different country. I plan to bus and walk as much, but it looks like you basically have to share the road to do that too. What do you think?
    Arlette