Aruba Beach

Thread: New Med Student on the Island looking for Car to Rent

skm827

New Med Student on the Island looking for Car to Rent

Hello...

I am a new medical student who has arrived at your beautiful island. First thank you for having me. Everyone I have come in contact with so far has been very nice.

I am looking for a car to rent for the next few months. My semester runs from January-April and if i like the car I may extend my rental till December when i leave Aruba.

I have called mostly every rental agency but they are telling me that because it is Carnival season they can not rent out there cars. I am willing to spend between $300 - $500 for a reasonably safe and reliable car.

Please help.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

have you checked with your student services office at the school?

also too, you may want to go in "jointly" with another med student on a vehicle.

during this busy season i know folks can be paying over $300 per week for a car rental.

check the bulletin boards at the grocery stores too.

Quote Originally Posted by skm827 View Post
    Hello...

I am a new medical student who has arrived at your beautiful island. First thank you for having me. Everyone I have come in contact with so far has been very nice.

I am looking for a car to rent for the next few months. My semester runs from January-April and if i like the car I may extend my rental till December when i leave Aruba.

I have called mostly every rental agency but they are telling me that because it is Carnival season they can not rent out there cars. I am willing to spend between $300 - $500 for a reasonably safe and reliable car.

Please help.