Aruba Beach

Thread: off-roading

off-roading

Hi All,

I will be in Aruba next month and was wondering if it is legal to take a car off roading, we are interested in renting a jeep and possibly touring the Bishiribi gold mine local. Also, are there car rental companies that would allow you to take a jeep off roading or should I just opt for full coverage insurance?

Thanks,
    Don

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/jeep%20rental.html

click the above link to other threads that may be able to give you jeep rental information.
    yrs ago, the jeep companies used to make sure that the renter was "aware" that any damage done in off roading was the responsibility of the renter.
    i do not know how the rental agreements read today, but making sure one has adequate insurance coverage is very important.

if a jeep rental company does not allow the jeep to be off roading, then why would anyone chance it?

no jeep is necessary to get to the gold mines.
    we have been there numerous times in a yaris and an elantra.

Quote Originally Posted by donb4325 View Post
    Hi All,

I will be in Aruba next month and was wondering if it is legal to take a car off roading, we are interested in renting a jeep and possibly touring the Bishiribi gold mine local. Also, are there car rental companies that would allow you to take a jeep off roading or should I just opt for full coverage insurance?

Thanks,
    Don

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Jeeps at a lot of the rental companies are not new Jeeps. They tend to take a beating. If you rent one, make sure you inspect it with the guy from the company. Make sure you mark down every scratch. Some companies can be very fussy when you return it. Others just take it and put it away.