Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: One day of exploration

One day of exploration

Heading to Aruba for my first time next May... I love to scuba dive so already have that hooked up. I also want to spend one day exploring the island. I am trying to decide on a jeep vs a car. I know if I decide to do the Natural Poo,l 4 wheel drive is a necessity. What about the rest of the island? By reading the posts here, I am leaning towards either Amigo or More4Less for a rental. Just planning on a one day rental on which ever I choose.... Not quite sure if Natural Pool is worth it if I can go everywhere elsein a car. Thanks much for any input! Wolfie

Welcome to the forum.

You can get to everywhere else besides the Natural Pool without a 4 x 4. You can see the island in one day.

Imo, save the Natural Pool for a guided tour with a professional driver or horseback. For the amount of time that is consumed getting there and back off of the main road, it can easily be done when you visit Aruba the second time.

More info Rental car and road conditions ...there has not been much rain on the island lately.

Welcome,
    Agree with Lisa, we had so much planned and did much of nothing besides being beach and pool potatoes. Besides visiting several beaches for snorkeling and enjoying the day, we only ventured out on the side roads past Alto Vista Chapel in a car. We'll save it for next the next trip. Enjoy your scuba adventures.

Aruba since 1979
    hey wolfie Welcome to the Aruba.com community forum

http://www.kinikinitours.com/index.p...d=23&Itemid=19

check out kini kini above link

this might be an option for you to consider

whatever you decide enjoy!

Its funny you say, jeep vs. Car. I rented a jeep and everywhere I went I saw people in cars, some in little tiny cars. When I talked to people I found out that the cars cost much less to rent. I was afraid to venture out to the natural pool because every jeep place says if you get stuck you will be on your own. Yes they will come get you, but be ready to pay. All of the contracts I found have a clause that tell you to avoid "white sand." That said you would be better off just using a tour company and relax and let them drive you off road. You could also rent a car for a few days to explore paved spots on your own.

When I was 25 I took the jeep everywhere, mainly because I was young and did not think, last november being older and wiser I was afraid of getting stuck or breaking down so I avoided the white sand spots, but that did reduce my fun. Next time I will take a 4hr jeep tour with my kids, and rent a car for 1 day, just to break up the trip. I figure tour first, then car rental. I pick that order cause after the tour I may not wana go anywhere. It is nice just to relax without worries of auto theft, damage, flats etc.

Just my 2 cents. Have fun and enjoy!

Unless you have experience driving off road (not dirt road), I would suggest not trying to go to the natural pool on your own.

Thanks everyone.... you kinda echoed my thoughts. I'm one of those crazy bikers so thought about renting a Harley but research is a wonderful thing (I can ride here LOL). Thought about the Trikes too. Natural Pool is not a biggie for me so I guess I will go just for a car. THANKS AGAIN!

We rent a car for the week for under $25.00 a day including everything. When you factor in, to and from the airport and other stops like grocery store, a night out to dinner or a day trip to explore the island it works out cheaper than a taxi. Charlies Bar, Baby Beach, Lighthouses, Zeerovers or other scenic spots- its so nice to be able to come and go as you wish. They have some beautiful restaurants like Mirandi on the water that we love. If you book a trip like The Black Pearl you can relax beacause you have a car. We have stopped by many of the cool resorts to vist and check out because of our rental. The black swans at the Hyatt or the pool at the Rui. It has saved us on a rain day. Believe it or not, we have gone to the other side of the island when its raining on eagle Beach and there is no rain, only sunshine somewhere else! So $200 a week for a rental has paid for itself for us.
    Good Luck,
    Sean and Susan

Question

Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    We rent a car for the week for under $25.00 a day including everything.
    Who do you rent from?
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 09-25-2012 at 02:13 PM.

We usually rent from Hans at Tropic but he was booked for our week in December when we called last month! We booked thru Payless this time for "8" days for $218.00 w/ all taxes which we thought was fair. We got a better deal with Tropic last year and Hans met us right at the airport.
    Sean and Susan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast