Aruba Beach
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Parking downtown

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    "Fast, Fair & Always There!"

Watch out for the towing truck, they are getting busy!

http://www.awe24.com/22749

As the article is in Papiamento, I can only guess what it's about.
    I see another possibility on the parking fees now with these photos. Notice that tow truck is brand new. It would have had to be imported with knowledge of the new parking fees in order to get to the island just in time for the law going into effect. Possible that some government official(s) are involved in the ownership of the towing company? It happened here once a few years back when parking violators were allowed to be towed. The city councilors cousin ran a brand new towing company in the area. The tow truck company makes more money on towing and storage than the city does in parking fees.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    I see another possibility on the parking fees now with these photos. Notice that tow truck is brand new. It would have had to be imported with knowledge of the new parking fees in order to get to the island just in time for the law going into effect. Possible that some government official(s) are involved in the ownership of the towing company? It happened here once a few years back when parking violators were allowed to be towed. The city councilors cousin ran a brand new towing company in the area. The tow truck company makes more money on towing and storage than the city does in parking fees.
    You might be on to something!

Most money is made when the vehicles get towed away. And that will happen after only being three hours late.

I wonder who's vehicle got towed away?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Give them a bit of time
    next will come the "boot" locking the tire
    the Govt will get on that when theres no effort needed
    slap a boot on

Parking downtown-image.jpg
    Last edited by cindyo; 09-06-2015 at 10:24 PM.

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Give them a bit of time
    next will come the "boot" locking the tire
    the Govt will get on that when theres no effort needed
    slap a boot on

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	4278
    Cindy, they have the "boot" already, I have seen pics.

There is a 15 minutes grace period, after that it's AFL 75. I guess that's when the boot will be attached.

Here is a pic and some info (in Papiamento):

http://www.bondia.com/?q=node%2F41178
    Last edited by CK1; 09-06-2015 at 11:57 PM.

CK1
    And here is a map of downtown parking areas:

https://www.facebook.com/Aruparking/...type=3&theater

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    "Fast, Fair & Always There!"

Watch out for the towing truck, they are getting busy!

http://www.awe24.com/22749

As the article is in Papiamento, I can only guess what it's about.
    Translation of www.awe24.com/22749 from a Local: That Mike Eman called the tow truck for this person that parked there. But that is where Mike Eman parks too. Guess Mike Eman doesn't have to pay for parking.

How to make friends <<NOT>>, influence people and drive away tourists from a dying downtown ... Last one out, turn off the lights...

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    Translation of www.awe24.com/22749 from a Local: That Mike Eman called the tow truck for this person that parked there. But that is where Mike Eman parks too. Guess Mike Eman doesn't have to pay for parking.
    Thanks for the translation. Now it makes more sense. It's a very nice vehicle, seems it belongs to a Venezuelan person who parked at the parking space of Mike Eman. I'm not sure if Mike Eman gets free parking, it's possible that he gets to pay a certain rate like other business people who have to park downtown. But I don't know for sure.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    okay, quick money question. it says 2 awg for an hour. now the coins. if the coin says 10 on it, does that mean its 5 x 2 awg or have I gotten it all wrong. I have coins that have "1", "5", "10", "50", etc. I'm not talking about any bills, just coins. What would you put in then? Would you put in 2 of the 1 AWG coins???? I'm trying to figure out what to be sure I have on me in way of AWG coins. I do go downtown maybe 2 or 3 times while I'm there.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    okay, quick money question. it says 2 awg for an hour. now the coins. if the coin says 10 on it, does that mean its 5 x 2 awg or have I gotten it all wrong. I have coins that have "1", "5", "10", "50", etc. I'm not talking about any bills, just coins. What would you put in then? Would you put in 2 of the 1 AWG coins???? I'm trying to figure out what to be sure I have on me in way of AWG coins. I do go downtown maybe 2 or 3 times while I'm there.

The Aruban florin is made up of 100 "cents" and there are coins of 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 (or 25?), 50 cents, 1 florin (100 cents) as well as the 2 and 5 florin coin. paper currency I have seed are in denominations of 10, 25, 50, and 100 florins.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast