Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 161
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Parking downtown

  1. #21
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    I'm betting yes




    Quote Originally Posted by worldtraveler1976 View Post
    Will that parking by the mall strip at the port area , be effected with the parking rules??? I hope not...all those years we used to park there, and by old place of Carlos& Chatlie, on the side street...

  2. #22
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889
    the downtown has suffered enough over the last 10+ years.
    now the parking $$ may cause more and more tourists to avoid the downtown and all it has to offer.

  3. #23
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the downtown has suffered enough over the last 10+ years.
    now the parking $$ may cause more and more tourists to avoid the downtown and all it has to offer.
    I don't know. We always go downtown several times while on the island. For me it's a good excuse to take the bus, shop, have lunch and a few adult beverages and ride the bus back.. sometimes that's a lot easier (and safer) than driving and parking anyway. And if you're going to be downtown for any length of time it may be cheaper..

  4. #24
    CK1
    CK1 is offline
    Senior Member CK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Posts
    2,285
    Here is some more detailed info, however, it's in Papiamento:

    http://www.diario.aw/2015/08/parkeer...tro-di-ciudad/

  5. #25
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the downtown has suffered enough over the last 10+ years.
    now the parking $$ may cause more and more tourists to avoid the downtown and all it has to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I don't know. We always go downtown several times while on the island. For me it's a good excuse to take the bus, shop, have lunch and a few adult beverages and ride the bus back.. sometimes that's a lot easier (and safer) than driving and parking anyway. And if you're going to be downtown for any length of time it may be cheaper..
    We never go downtown unless it is a necessary item at La Linda, to go out of the marina on a boat or LG Smith's for dinner.

  6. #26
    Senior Member burghboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Posts
    817
    We don't go into town nearly enough and this doesn't really make me want to go in more.











    Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.




  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    11
    People spend a lot of money on holidays, and now worry about a few coins in the meter?? Sounds like buying that newest $800 Iphone, but not want to spend 99cent on an app.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Posts
    2,063
    so I guess you need florin coins, right? we usually go downtown maybe twice while we're there to go to Pizza n' More. I'm not that concerned with it since I pay for parking where I live, can't remember when I didn't. The only thing that would be a pain is having the right florins for the meter. It says 2 awg, so I assume that's a florin coin with the number 2 on it or if you have a florin coin with number 1 on it, you need 2 of those for an hour? Truthfully, though, where I live, 25 cents gets you 20 minutes. I don't have a smartphone so I can't get an "app" and will have to rely on the old fashioned way of dropping coins.

  9. #29
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    We never go downtown unless it is a necessary item at La Linda, to go out of the marina on a boat or LG Smith's for dinner.
    I can't imagine going to Aruba and not visiting downtown. Of course a lot of folks like to go to Mexico and never leave the resort.

  10. #30
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889
    i respectfully disagree.
    it is the feeling of being nickeled and dimed.
    also too, there is the convenience factor....... does the car have to be moved every so often etc?
    are there meters or are there stations where one would have to hoof it making it not convenient?

    also too.........re: parking citations?
    how will the non resident (tourist ) pay the fine?
    once the tourist goes home......how do the "fine collectors" come after you?
    thru the car rental company? will the car rental put the citation as an addendum on credit card?



    Quote Originally Posted by Jopie035NL View Post
    People spend a lot of money on holidays, and now worry about a few coins in the meter?? Sounds like buying that newest $800 Iphone, but not want to spend 99cent on an app.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO