Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Parking downtown

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    also too.........re: parking citations?
    how will the non resident (tourist ) pay the fine?
    once the tourist goes home......how do the "fine collectors" come after you?
    thru the car rental company? will the car rental put the citation as an addendum on credit card?
    Very interesting angle...
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    It's not that at all
    its theinconvenience
    Sorry.... poor comparison of an app vs vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Jopie035NL View Post
    People spend a lot of money on holidays, and now worry about a few coins in the meter?? Sounds like buying that newest $800 Iphone, but not want to spend 99cent on an app.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    but unfortunately it is what it is. if they now charge, you pay it. i'm sure they will have your license plate & if it comes back with a car rental, I bet they do charge the car rental place who in turn will charge you on your credit card. and probably a surcharge from the cc company for having to charge you so it might end up costing more than the 2 florin. i think if you go after 7 pm, you don't have to pay it. is it suppose to be all over downtown or just in that parking lot across from the renaissance, I guess the seaport parking lot. probably by the bus station, too. its a little vague. maybe someone who is there in the next month will be able to enlighten us more.

Aruba since 1979
    who do we assign (beg) to go check it out?

I am so confused we stay at the Renaissance and usually rent a jeep for a couple of days although this year we are renting for most of our trip because Royal gave us such a good deal. Of course we leave it park in the parking lot at the Seaport when we are not using it but it sounds like this could make that VERY expensive. I mean some days we may not use the car at all it makes me rethink renting a car. This will not only make people think twice about coming downtown but also make Renaissance guest think twice about renting a car.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Would the tourism board know the answer? I don't arrive til the end of November. If you are staying downtown with a rental car, it would be very expensive because you pay from 7 to 7. How much in US dollars is 2 wag because that's the cost per hour. That would add up if you're staying there.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I can't imagine going to Aruba and not visiting downtown. Of course a lot of folks like to go to Mexico and never leave the resort.
    You quoted
    Originally Posted by Arubalisa
    We never go downtown unless it is a necessary item at La Linda, to go out of the marina on a boat or LG Smith's for dinner.

Since you called me out personally, thinking that we do NOT ever leave our resort, I will say I am sorry that you think that, though admittedly for us it is a BEACH vacation.

We DO leave the resort, I just rented a car for one of the two weeks we will be on the island at Christmas. We rarely venture downtown. If I want to walk around and dine in a restaurant or throw back some cold ones I can do that 20 minutes from my house here at home. I am sure you enjoy your time in Oranjestad. Here in Cumming, Ga we have no picturesque beaches or other unique sights that Aruba has to offer.

For us there are many picturesque spots on the island to visit. In December, among other spots, we loved roaming around the Balashi Gold Mill Ruins and in June we visited a few places that in over 20+ trips we had never been to before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Parking downtown-balashij.jpg   Parking downtown-balashizg.jpg  
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-20-2015 at 11:40 AM.

We will be in Aruba at the end of this month for 15 nights...and....we have the Tranquilo booked which leaves from the marina downtown. Will be interesting to see how much we have to pay for 5+ hours of parking. And HOW we have to pay for it?
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 08-20-2015 at 11:53 AM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    You quoted

Since you called me out personally, thinking that we do NOT ever leave our resort, I will say I am sorry that you think that, though admittedly for us it is a BEACH vacation.

We DO leave the resort, I just rented a car for one of the two weeks we will be on the island at Christmas. We rarely venture downtown. If I want to walk around and dine in a restaurant or throw back some cold ones I can do that 20 minutes from my house here at home. I am sure you enjoy your time in Oranjestad. Here in Cumming, Ga we have no picturesque beaches or other unique sights that Aruba has to offer.

For us there are many picturesque spots on the island to visit. In December, among other spots, we loved roaming around the Balashi Gold Mill Ruins and in June we visited a few places that in over 20+ trips we had never been to before.
    Wow, I apologize for upsetting you. You know, I wrote a lot more in response, but I have deleted it all. I hope you have a wonderful time during your trip over Christmas.

maybe they are trying to get you to use a taxi or bus instead. I know when I read that thing Cindy put up, it said 2 awg per hour

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast