Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Parking downtown

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i respectfully disagree.
    it is the feeling of being nickeled and dimed.
    also too, there is the convenience factor....... does the car have to be moved every so often etc?
    are there meters or are there stations where one would have to hoof it making it not convenient?

also too.........re: parking citations?
    how will the non resident (tourist ) pay the fine?
    once the tourist goes home......how do the "fine collectors" come after you?
    thru the car rental company? will the car rental put the citation as an addendum on credit card?
    I agree, it's like being nickeled and dimed. But I guess, it will add up for Aruba, an additional income.

When I rented a car for my vacation in Switzerland and Germany, any citation would have been added on to my credit card through the car rental company.

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    but unfortunately it is what it is. if they now charge, you pay it. i'm sure they will have your license plate & if it comes back with a car rental, I bet they do charge the car rental place who in turn will charge you on your credit card. and probably a surcharge from the cc company for having to charge you so it might end up costing more than the 2 florin. i think if you go after 7 pm, you don't have to pay it. is it suppose to be all over downtown or just in that parking lot across from the renaissance, I guess the seaport parking lot. probably by the bus station, too. its a little vague. maybe someone who is there in the next month will be able to enlighten us more.
    From the article I posted yesterday (it's in Papiamento) I got the impression that some areas will charge 24 hours for parking. Others only until 7 p.m.

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    maybe they are trying to get you to use a taxi or bus instead. I know when I read that thing Cindy put up, it said 2 awg per hour
    1 Aruban Florin = $0.56

2 Aruban Florin = $1.12

They also offer this "Parking Smartcard".

I guess we will know more when it is actually in use and to hear what experience people have.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Wow, I apologize for upsetting you. You know, I wrote a lot more in response, but I have deleted it all. I hope you have a wonderful time during your trip over Christmas.
    Apology accepted you have a fantastic trip next week. No hurricanes.

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by dipeblnd View Post
    I am so confused we stay at the Renaissance and usually rent a jeep for a couple of days although this year we are renting for most of our trip because Royal gave us such a good deal. Of course we leave it park in the parking lot at the Seaport when we are not using it but it sounds like this could make that VERY expensive. I mean some days we may not use the car at all it makes me rethink renting a car. This will not only make people think twice about coming downtown but also make Renaissance guest think twice about renting a car.
    I would contact Renaissance and ask them if they have "Reserved Parking for Guests of the Renaissance Only", free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Apology accepted you have a fantastic trip next week. No hurricanes.
    XOXO Thanks!

I just want to know HOW I need to pay....can I use my credit card, do I need to track down Florins ahead of time....? I know the parking pay station for airport parking takes both Florins and Dollars.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I wouldn't be surprised if you could use US dollars. but I'm with you, Amy, I'd like to know. if you have tourists there for the first time or don't read this forum, they will be scratching their heads saying how do i pay for this. so they are going to have to fine tune it for people new to the island or not forum friendly who learn all these things. and the first time someone not familiar with the new procedure gets a ticket or finds it on their credit card, they will have a sour taste, might not either go back to aruba or would definitely not shop & dine downtown. sometimes people are penny wise & dollar foolish.
    Last edited by gaby; 08-20-2015 at 02:20 PM.

CK1
    The "Aruparking.com" website does not really work anymore. Instead, there is now a FB site:

https://www.facebook.com/Aruparking?fref=ts

CK1
    It's also tough on the locals of Aruba. Many people have only a small income.

I came across this FB site: "Boycott aruparking":

https://www.facebook.com/Boycottaruparking?fref=ts

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast