Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Parking downtown

Aruba since 1979
    haha yes indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    The Facebook author obviously has a dream and it's to let free parking reign...?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Aruba since 1979
    https://www.facebook.com/OtmarEOduber?fref=nf

Minister Otmaar Oduber's FB page has a couple of videos of the new parking pay stations

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    okay, but that was with a parking card, right? what if you wanted to use cash. And how many buttons do you need to push anyway?

Aruba since 1979
    waiting to hear from someone that has experienced it.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    okay, but that was with a parking card, right? what if you wanted to use cash. And how many buttons do you need to push anyway?

They look just like the machines in Toronto - you plunk change into the slot (the amount will depend on how much time you'll be parked) and then you hit the button and a ticket gets printed that you put on the dash of your car. The Toronto machines also take credit and debit cards - in the video, you can see the card reader that the user taps the card against... It appears like there's a slot there too which would allow for credit/debit.

I'd be surprised if they take US currency as all transactions with the government are AWG based.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I guess we have to nominate Cindy to give us the lowdown, lol. Credit Cards only or US Cash or just Florins. This way I know whether to carry florins if I'm going downtown.

Aruba since 1979
    maybe we should entrust our forum friends that are on island now, Walt or Mazoo, to head downtown to give us a report

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    There is an article in today's paper:

Entrante otro siman Parkeermeters ta funcionando den henter Oranjestad

Publication: Wednesday, 2 September 2015

http://www.diario.aw/2015/09/entrant...er-oranjestad/

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    And some info on this FB:

For di otro siman dialuna (7 sept.) lo cuminsa cobra pa parkeer den un area di Oranjestad. Tur dialuna te cu diasabra, for di 7'or di mainta te 7'or di anochi lo cobra Afl. 2,- pa ora, cu un minimo di 1 ora. Dilanti di bestuurskantoor lo cobra te 11'or di anochi.

Si no paga of no recarga dentro di 15 minuut, lo pone un klem na e auto y duna un boet di Afl. 75,-. Despues di 3 ora lo tow e auto y e boet ta bira Afl. 150,-. Lo tin 16 parkeerwachters.

Esnan cu ta biba of traha den e area por aplica pa un permiso. A anuncia cu mas despues lo cuminsa cobra pa parkeer den e area di hotel tambe.

https://www.facebook.com/NosDushiAru...type=1&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    maybe we should entrust our forum friends that are on island now, Walt or Mazoo, to head downtown to give us a report

I thought I did?? As much as I appreciate everyone's efforts to give links to FB pages and the like, if it's not in English I can't translate it on my own. Again, I noticed parking spaces had been numbered, but I saw no meter stations at all yesterday. Maybe we should have Cindy do it.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast