Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Plan to renting a car from a good company for 7 days

Plan to renting a car from a good company for 7 days

Beside the price, any difference between the local(outside/near airport) and the national names (in airport)?

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/thingstodo/gett...l/default.aspx
    here is a link to some car rental agencies

the differences might be in pricing, maybe more $$ for using one of the franchise places........but if there are difficulties, the USA corporate office does not intervene as they treat their foreign franchisees like they have never heard of them before.

the airport rental cars may be priced a little higher due to the convenience of airport pick up.

we prefer a local company with excellent pricing, vehicles and customer service.

company is TROPIC (not listed on the link that i posted), the owner has a small fleet (30) and provides great service. he delivers the vehicle to us at the airport. the paperwork is done prior to arrival.

read thru this category and you'll get ideas on who to contact for pricing and availability.

everyone has their favorites.

welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    QUOTE=sbian;239576]Beside the price, any difference between the local(outside/near airport) and the national names (in airport)?[/QUOTE]

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I also vote for Tropic, the best....But book early with Hans, he is always booked fast...

U.S. car rental agencies are franchises in Aruba.

"Cheapest" is not always the best.

Several of us at our timeshare have had great experiences with Optima/Payless.

It is to late for me now, as we leave tomorrow but next year when we go I will try a local as Andrea is describing. We pay nearly $300 a week for a franchise, we usually use national or budget. I have never had a problem with any of them, but if I could do cheaper then $300 a week I would surely try them out next year. I love having a car there. Taking the bus waiting for it, having the correct change is to much stress for me. LOL.

Royal are ok. I have used hem 4 times no problems at all

have used several as well,,,,really lucky, cant c/o about anyone in particular,,,,,I try to go with the cheapest...used to always rent open air jeeps to go "outback", but since I have been there soooooo many times, we dont do it anymore...now I get the smallest and cheapest (sorry I'm a pennypincher)....royal is good as well as econo....
    good luck deciding....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I rented from Tropic 3 Weeks ago and got the Newest car I ever had in Aruba in 15 years. He meat us on time and was there when we turned it in Great Co. Bill

We just got back last night and rented from Budget. I have used payless, national etc. We had a red/orange toyota Yaris which is fine for us. We paid total $249 for the week. If I can do less that would be great. If I can do better with tropic I will go there next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast