Aruba Beach
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Private Island Tours by Cerry

it was our first visit to Aruba and I must say the right thing to do is take a tour of the island to get a feel of what you may want to go back to. We needed an enthusiastic tour give that knew what he was talking about and would take his time so we can enjoy our trip and not rush. Taking advice from previous posts, my wife and I went with Cerry. We were not disappointed. He picked us up from the Westin promply, gave us a wealth of history regarding the Island, people and food. We saw many things on our four hour tour. I was breathtaking. So, if you are considering a tour before you wander on your own you can't go wrong with hiring Cerry.

Thumbs up Excellent Tour

I decided to take a private tour of Aruba instead of a group tour. It was well worth the cost! I was able to see all I wanted and them some. I was able to stop where I wanted and for as long as I wanted. Cerry was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the island and its people. He was very accommodating to al my requests. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A PRIVATE TOUR OF ARUBA WITH CERRY!

Aruba since 1979
    thank you for posting. btw, did cerry recommend this aruba review site for you to post AND please could you tell us his hourly rate?
    Quote Originally Posted by oo1549 View Post
    I decided to take a private tour of Aruba instead of a group tour. It was well worth the cost! I was able to see all I wanted and them some. I was able to stop where I wanted and for as long as I wanted. Cerry was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the island and its people. He was very accommodating to al my requests. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A PRIVATE TOUR OF ARUBA WITH CERRY!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-14-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oo1549 View Post
    I would love to hear about the rest of your trip!

Welcome to the forum, we look forward to new participants.

Best Tour Guide in Aruba

I too had a good experience with Cerry. Me and my girlfriend were on our first trip to Aruba and wanted to tour the island and take in many sites as possible and learn as much information about the island and culture as we could. We read reviews for Cerry from others and they seemed to be very pleased with his service so we decided to give him a call to check his availability. He was available during our stay and gave us an excellent custom tour which ended up being a highlight of our vacation. The first conversation on the phone was great because he listened intently to our requests and planned a custom trip for us. Cerry plans custom trips around the places you want to see and not the ones you want to skip. This proved to be excellent for us because it allowed us to pack in all the attractions we wanted to see in the most efficient way. We felt comfortable with Cerry from our first conversation on the phone till he dropped us off back at our hotel. It felt like we were on a tour with a friend. He picked us up at our hotel promptly on time and ready to go.
    Our first stop was the California Lighthouse which was great as Cerry gave us the history of the island and the Lighthous as well. It is a very scenic place with many places to take photos with the clear blue coastal water in the background. Another highlight of our tour was the very scenic Arikok National Park. The caves in the park are a must see. It was very interesting as we entered into the caves and viewed its natural beauty with many inscriptions dating back years ago. I felt downright adventurous walking through the cave and getting a feel for its mystery; very cool! Through all parts of our tour Cerry pointed out places of interest, facts and answered all of our questions. He stopped at points of interest that were not planned and took many photos of us so that we could be in some of the photos. He is very knowledgeable about Aruba and handled the tour in a very friendly way to make you feel comfortable so you can relax to enjoy all the sights. Like his slogan says "Don't be sorry, hire Cerry". I highly recommend Cerry. He'll take you on a great custom tour that will be well worth it.

We have narrowed down our tour choices to Cerry or Bully.
    Both of these men get good recommendations.

Waiting to hear back pricing information and availability from both.

Is there a set rate from the government? What would be an appropriate tip, is 25% appropriate?

Do both allow questions and answers as the tour goes along or is it a lecture with no questions asked until later?

So these are the questions for you kind people that have already taken the tours.

Enjoy reading all of the posts here about Bully and Cerry.

Thanks in Advance

'gator

I have booked my tour with Cerry....for October! And, out of the 6 days that I told him we were available, he had one day available! So, I'm glad I booked early! He is going to pick us up at the hotel at 9 in the morning. His charge is $45 per hour and we can have up to 4 in our group. October can't get here soon enough!
    Next Aruba trip in

Gatorhunter I have taken tours with both Cerry and Bully. I took a tour with Cerry last year and it was $40.00 an hour. This year with Bully it was $45.00 and that is because the rate is set by the government, not sure why it was 40 last year, but maybe the rates went up. BUT I must say and this is ONLY MY opinion, our tour was better with Bully. I am not saying I didn't like the tour with Cerry, we just felt more comfortable with Bully. We started asking Cerry questions when we started the tour and he asked us to hold all our questions until he was finished with his "talk" so at that point we were not comfortable in asking any questions or even talking. Kinda felt like we were in school. From the time we were in Bully's van until we got out back at the Occidental, we felt like we were with family. He always wanted to make sure we were happy with what we were doing----wanted to know if we wanted pictures, (he took the pictures) wanted to make sure we stayed at places long enough. He made our tour everything WE wanted it to be. We just learned so much, and when we go back, we will do another tour with Bully, because 2 hours is just not enough to see all this beautiful island.
    Again, I am only giving you my opinion and the fact that we are doing it again with Bully should tell you how happy we are with Bully!

Hope this helps some.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by gatorhunter View Post
    We have narrowed down our tour choices to Cerry or Bully.
    Both of these men get good recommendations.

Waiting to hear back pricing information and availability from both.

Is there a set rate from the government? What would be an appropriate tip, is 25% appropriate?

Do both allow questions and answers as the tour goes along or is it a lecture with no questions asked until later?

So these are the questions for you kind people that have already taken the tours.

Enjoy reading all of the posts here about Bully and Cerry.

Thanks in Advance

'gator

Thanks for the replies. I have spent some time doing some more reading today and have read good things of the 2 private tour people. Decisions Decisions !
    Glad to hear either of my choices will be good.

Now off to the restaurant listings and to what's new and what's good.

Hello,
    We just got back from our tour with cerry. He did an awesome job. Cerry was very informative he helped us learn and understand so much about the Island of Aruba. We asked for a 10:00 am pickup and he arrived just as we walked out the doors. His SUV is very comfortable and he will take you anywhere you want for as long or short as you want. We wanted to see as much as possible and he made that happen. He was very good to take pictures of our family for us when ever we made stops. He aloowed us as much time as we wanted at each stop. Cerry also answered every question we asked and was interested in what we did back home also. I would highly recommend Cerry for your private tour needs. We are planning on going to baby beach next week for the day and Cerry is going to take us over.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast