Aruba Beach
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Private Island Tours by Cerry

We just returned home from our first trip to Aruba. One of the highlights of our trip was the tour that we booked with Cerry (pronouced Serry). He picked us up at the hotel just as he promised. As we were sitting outside waiting for him (I wanted to make sure he didn't have to wait for us) we noticed alot of different drivers arrive to pick up others for different things and started to get nervous about getting in a car with someone we really don't know (well I was, DH was cool as a cucumber). No need to worry, Cerry arrived, he had told me what kind of car and the license plate number, we knew we would be in good hands. He was very pleasant in introducing himself and he opened the door for me EVERYTIME we stopped and getting back in the car! A true gentleman. We started the tour with Cerry asking us what we wanted to see. We told him what we really didn't care to see and left the rest up to him. He asked us what our schedule was, how long did we want to stay out. We had originally planned for 2 hours and asked him if he had any time restraints. He told us that he was ours, if we wanted to stay out for 2 hours or 6 hours it was fine with him. I asked if we had to decide right then or if we could just keep going until we were ready to call it a day. He was very accommodating, we just kept going until we were ready to head back to the hotel. He started his tour with a history of Aruba, which is very interesting, I did interupt him from time to time to ask what something was or to have him elaborate more, he had no problem with that. We were able to stop and take pictures whenever we wanted to, and Cerry was great about taking pictures of us whenever we wanted. We didn't really want to go to all the 'tourist spots' but wanted to see the places where the real people of Aruba go. Cerry made sure that we saw places that were important to Aruba such as the Caves, the natural bridge, etc. and we saw the end of the island where the locals live and shop! Cerry even pointed out the house where he lives! We spent quite a bit of time at the caves which was wonderful. When I told Cerry that I was worn out, after about 3 1/2 hours, he asked if we wanted to see a few more spots, but I was just so tired I said no, just take me back to the hotel, he was fine with that and took us back. Oh, I almost forgot to mention, we heard others talking about the tours they went on, some who rented a vehicle got lost and couldn't find what they were looking for, and the ones on a group tour were always waiting or being hurried along. We didn't have any worries!! We asked him if he could pick us up on our departure day and take us to the airport, he said he would check his schedule and get back to us. We told him what time our flight was. He got back to us immediately to say that he was available to pick us up and suggested the time for our departure. He made sure that we would have plenty of time to do the whole check in. We said good bye with a handshake from DH and a hug from me.So, in conclusion I would rate the tour a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. What started out as a private tour with a complete stranger, ended up as a trip with a new friend for life. When we go back to Aruba, Cerry will be there to take us to and from the airport and to continue our tour. Cerry, keep up the good work and see you next year!
    Your new friends, Brenda and Lance.
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    Thanks. A terrific review, C/Serry could not
    have written better himself ;-)

We really enjoyed our tour with him. We found him through this forum!
    Next Aruba trip in

This forum makes everyone alot of friends for life!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Excellent experience & Superb value

My wife and I made our first trip to Aruba at the end of October. Wanting to see Aruba and his many sights, we researched various tours & modes. We selected Private Island Tours Aruba based upon the glowing reviews. Although you may never know how much faith to put in some reviews, we were not disappointed at all. Indeed, Cerry surpassed our expectations. His communication with us was prompt and was among the easiest things we did while in Aruba. He was early, had a clean vehicle for our tour and gave us a very personalized tour of the island. We talked the entire time and were impressed with his wealth of knowledge of the history of Aruba. What is most interesting, however, is the value of his service. We strongly recommend that you contact Cerry for your own personalized tour.

Aruba since 1979
    Welcome to the forum.
    Cerry has sent us many members ...........unfortunately
    they post a review of Cerry and never post again. like a drive by.
    makes me think............. :-(
    Please give us your Aruba story when you get a chance.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-09-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: typing using the iphone is more challenging than a regular keyboard

Thumbs up Cerry for Island Ambasador!

We found Cerry on TripAdvisor and we also read his reviews here and we were not disappointed! We booked our tour with him via email and he was quick to respond. He was on time picking us up at our hotel and his vehicle was very clean.

The tour was AMAZING! He left it up to us on how much time we wanted to spend and he fit in as many sights as he could in that time. We very much appreciated him taking pictures of us as most of our vacation pictures include just one of us at a time.

Cerry is an asset to Aruba. He was friendly and informative and was a great example of the Aruban people. We loved our trip and intend to visit again. My wife now refers to Cerry as our Aruban Uncle and we will see him again on our next trip!

I do not understand why the moderators have such negative things to say about him on this forum. I think it makes you look jealous and petty. I would reccomend Cerry to anyone visiting Aruba.

Does anyone know of a tour or jeep trip to the natural pool??

Quote Originally Posted by CandyC55 View Post
    Does anyone know of a tour or jeep trip to the natural pool??
    Candy, I replied to your question here

Official Aruba Community Forum Aruba Community Activities & Sports Natural Pool Tours

Quote Originally Posted by DaronCO View Post
    I do not understand why the moderators have such negative things to say about him on this forum. I think it makes you look jealous and petty. I would reccomend Cerry to anyone visiting Aruba.
    Wow, to think I started this thread in 2009 and it is still going strong!!

I just re read most of this thread and I would like to say that I did not find anything negative said by the moderators. Aruba is blessed with a number of very good people who give fantastic tours. Cerry is one of them as is our other forum member Bully (known here as Taxidriver) and there are others too. Some of the comments that lean towards one particular person is more of a personal opinion but I didn't read anything overtly negative.

I think this bulletin board is amazing and full of such valuable information. The only issue or may be its a concern is that almost all of the posters on this thread never contribute to anything else but their tour. While it is important to hear about a fantastic tour as many people want this information, what about your restaurants reviews, hotel/time share experiences, etc? It gives more credibility to your comments, imo. Hope I am not offending anyone but that is what struck me when taking a longer look at this thread that has stretched out over the past 2 years.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast