Aruba Beach
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Private Island Tours by Cerry

Smile Touring with Cerry

We just returned from a cruise that stopped in Aruba. We had messed up our tour arrangements and Cerry helped us work out a solution so we could still tour with him. It was certainly worth the effort! Cerry arrived to pick us up at EXACTLY the time he said he would be there. He is full of information about Aruba and his pride in his country is evident. We saw all of the sites we were interested in and he was very accommodating for all of my.."Wait, I want to take a picture!" stops!

we weren't sorry

we just came back from a terrific week on the beautiful island of Aruba,and after checking into different tour options on trip advisor we chose Cerry to show us the island, we decided to take a 4 hour tour and it was the best choice we could have made being that my 83 year old mum was with us we needed something a little less rushed than a bus tour ( we really aren't bus tour people to begin with) Cerry was very knowledgeable about the history and all points of interest as well as filling in what could have been awkward gaps with pleasant conversation.

We highly recommend Cerry to anyone looking for a tour guide.

MR AND MRS LONG
    ONTARIO CANADA

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum and glad that you had a fine tour with cerry

looking forward to you posting your "aruba story"

Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    we just came back from a terrific week on the beautiful island of Aruba,and after checking into different tour options on trip advisor we chose Cerry to show us the island, we decided to take a 4 hour tour and it was the best choice we could have made being that my 83 year old mum was with us we needed something a little less rushed than a bus tour ( we really aren't bus tour people to begin with) Cerry was very knowledgeable about the history and all points of interest as well as filling in what could have been awkward gaps with pleasant conversation.

We highly recommend Cerry to anyone looking for a tour guide.

MR AND MRS LONG
    ONTARIO CANADA

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Wow, to think I started this thread in 2009 and it is still going strong!!

I just re read most of this thread and I would like to say that I did not find anything negative said by the moderators. Aruba is blessed with a number of very good people who give fantastic tours. Cerry is one of them as is our other forum member Bully (known here as Taxidriver) and there are others too. Some of the comments that lean towards one particular person is more of a personal opinion but I didn't read anything overtly negative.

I think this bulletin board is amazing and full of such valuable information. The only issue or may be its a concern is that almost all of the posters on this thread never contribute to anything else but their tour. While it is important to hear about a fantastic tour as many people want this information, what about your restaurants reviews, hotel/time share experiences, etc? It gives more credibility to your comments, imo. Hope I am not offending anyone but that is what struck me when taking a longer look at this thread that has stretched out over the past 2 years.
    Yes and a good thread at that .

Private Tour

We hired Cerry to give us (party of 2) a private tour of Aruba while in port on a cruise. He picked us up in his SUV (very clean) at precisely the time he promised. We did not have anything in mind, other than we asked Cerry to show us potential properties for sale. He took us to the California Lighthouse first, then to a housing development on the north end of the island. We then visited various sights on the island, ending up at Natural Bridge. We had lunch, then he took us downtown and dropped us off so we could do some shopping before boarding the cruise ship. Cerry is very knowledgeable of the history and culture of Aruba, and is very personable. I would highly recommend his services to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I think this bulletin board is amazing and full of such valuable information.

The only issue or may be its a concern is that almost all of the posters on this thread never contribute to anything else but their tour.
    While it is important to hear about a fantastic tour as many people want this information, what about your restaurants reviews, hotel/time share experiences, etc? It gives more credibility to your comments, imo. Hope I am not offending anyone but that is what struck me when taking a longer look at this thread that has stretched out over the past 2 years.
    essjay

Aruba since 1979
    test eom

Tour with Cerry - June 2012

I arranged a 3 hour tour with Cerry for my sister and I. It was her first time on the island. Although I've been to Aruba many times, I had not taken a tour. I was not sorry I went with Cerry. After one hour, we knew we would want more so I extended to 4.5 hours. I booked it through email and Cerry was a few minutes early with his clean car. I would highly recommend Cerry to others.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    i hope that you participate and contribute to other categories as well.

it seems to many of us, maybe by coincidence or not, that most of Cerry tour posters, only post 1 thing .......a glowing cerry review, and are never to be heard from again.

please, tell us too of your restaurant, beach, excursions.

again, welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by drutsch View Post
    I arranged a 3 hour tour with Cerry for my sister and I. It was her first time on the island. Although I've been to Aruba many times, I had not taken a tour. I was not sorry I went with Cerry. After one hour, we knew we would want more so I extended to 4.5 hours. I booked it through email and Cerry was a few minutes early with his clean car. I would highly recommend Cerry to others.

I hate to think something is being implied by saying "it seems to many of us, maybe by coincidence or not, that most of Cerry tour posters, only post 1 thing .......a glowing cerry review, and are never to be heard from again." The reason I posted is that although I've been to Aruba many times because my husband and I love it there, my search for a private tour company was difficult and I want others to know of my experience. I will be back in Sept and will post other good things after that visit.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast