Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Private Island Tours by Cerry

JYo

We loved Cerry!

We just returned from our first visit to Aruba and took advantage of Cerry's tour services. We took a 4-hour tour on our first day. It was well worth the money because not only did we hear all about Aruba's history but we got a birds-eye view of the island from one end to the other. Cerry is obviously very knowledgeable and proud of his little island. We recommend him highly and we know you'll enjoy his tours.

Jan & Toki Yoshioka, Levittown, NY

Cerry

My husband, 14 year old son and I just got back from Aruba. After reading the excellent reviews of Cerry as a tour guide on this forum, I arranged for Cerry to take us on a 3 hour tour. He took us from one end of the island to the other. He was prompt in picking us up and was very interesting. Even my son liked the tour!

Aruba since 1979
    great to hear there is another satisified customer.
    he is also a member of this forum
    andrea

Thumbs up Cerry is the greatest!

I just returned from Aruba and used Cerry as well. He was on time, very in-tune with the history and culture of the island, and took us to see all the highlights.

Thumbs up Private Island Tours by Cerry

My friend and I just returned from a week-long vacation in Aruba. A few weeks before embarking on our journey, I scoured the internet for hours looking for the "best of the best" when it comes to tours of the island. Frustrated by not being able to find a private, tailor-made option, I just about settled on one of the cookie-cutter sightseeing companies.

But, before commiting, I came across multiple posts about this guy named Cerry. The more I read, the more I felt I had to book my tour with him. After viewing his website (www.pitaruba.com), I made my decision. An email later, I was all booked and poised for adventure during our first full day on the island.

After arriving the day before and calling him to confirm our info, Cerry picked us up right on time; we were walking out of the resort entrance just as he was pulling up. We climbed into his beautiful, clean, well-air conditioned SUV and were almost immediately immersed in the history and cultural facts of the island as we made our way to our first stop, the California Lighthouse.

Upon arrival to the lighthouse, Cerry allowed us to take as much time as we needed to capture lots of photos (just as he did with all of our stops). Other places we visited included the interior suburbs of the island, new housing developments, Eagle Beach, Oranjestad, the large rock formations (can't remember the name of the place), as well as the new Arikok National Park. The latter is where we spent most of our time, much to our pleasure as well as Cerry's seeing as this was his first time entering the area!

While visiting Arikok, we ventured to the rocky shorelines to explore hidden coves and enjoy the breath-taking views. One of the other stops in the park was at one of the caves, at which time one of the park rangers/officials led us through the dark enclosure and educated all three of us on the formations, cave paintings, and wildlife that lived in the cave. After the cave, we also walked through an area next to the cave which played home to a freshwater pool with fish and other wild inhabitants like hermit crabs and large frogs. Oh, and we learned that wild sage, which grows everywhere on the island, is great for sinus problems...just pick a leaf, roll, and insert into the nose for instant decongestion (Cerry tried it, and it worked better than any medicine I've ever seen)!

I have to honestly say that there is no other person I would have rather hired for our tour. It was the highlight of our trip and we sincerely hope that anyone who plans to explore the island will give Cerry a call or send him an email. He offers so much more than one of the "big box" tour companies, and at a better price, too! He was beyond knowledgeable, extremely friendly, and he obviously loves what he does. I promise you will not be disappointed! He will go anywhere you ask him to...you're the boss. Just like his website slogan says, "Don't be sorry, hire Cerry!"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Private Island Tours by Cerry-cerrys-vehicle.jpg  
    Last edited by jmichaelz02; 09-08-2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Neglected to include web address

Aruba since 1979
    nice review!
    we too were happy with his tour although our review was not as eloquent as yours :-)
    andrea

we are very intersted! how do we contact him? how long did you tour with him and how much did it cost?
    thanks,
    gayle

Cerry's Contact Info

Cerry's website is www.pitaruba.com. He can be reached at info@pitaruba.com. His phone number is also indicated on the site.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your tour! Have fun!

Aruba since 1979
    our tour with cerry was for about 2 hours and i think it was $40 or $45 per hour.
    the taxi fares are set and regulated by the governmnet and the new fares went into effect last week.
    the new fare is $45 per hr.

we enjoyed our tour, we went to "shark teeth hill" and cerry joined in on the expedition. he is a heck of a good guy and so well informed and well spoken.

and fwiw...if you chose to go to shark teeth hill, ask permission of the owner before you go onto the property. the office is a trailer like building and it is important to aks permission.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by socalgirl View Post
    we are very intersted! how do we contact him? how long did you tour with him and how much did it cost?
    thanks,
    gayle

Exclamation Cerry tour

Cerry was an awesome tour guide! My gf and I just returned from Aruba on Friday. It was our first trip and we wanted to get acquainted with the islands. After reading the reviews on this website I felt most comfortable with Cerry and I'm happy that I chose him for our 3 hour private tour of Aruba. Cerry has a very nice car and was actually 5 minutes early to pick us up at the Renaissance Aruba. We arrived on Saturday around 4 pm and I thought it was best for us to take a tour of the island for a few hours. Cerry gave us the best tour possible from 9A-12P :-) Thanks Cerry! Places we visited - some beaches, the 2nd highest point in Aruba, Arikok National Park, Fontein Caves. Cerry has excellent knowledge of Aruba and over 30 years in tourism. I was determined to climb to the top of the 2nd highest point. It took us about 15 minutes to the top and 15 minutes down. Cerry was unable to climb to the top, but he gladly waited for us at the bottom! His tour is very thorough regarding the history of Aruba and the economy. His facts are interesting! I'd highly recommend Cerry. He also stopped by a local grocery store at the end of our trip so we could get some groceries for the week. It was very nice of him to do so! We loaded our groceries into his car and he drove us back to our hotel. Highly recommend Cerry for the private tour. His car is spot clean and AC controlled. Take his tour you won't regret it. He can also pick you up at the airport if you ask! www.pitaruba.com to schedule your tour!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast