Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Private Island Tours by Cerry

Aruba since 1979
    imo cerry should be teaching history and sociology in the aruba schools.
    he is bright and articulate and full of so much knowledge of aruba and her people.

Quote Originally Posted by jmichaelz02 View Post
    My friend and I just returned from a week-long vacation in Aruba. A few weeks before embarking on our journey, I scoured the internet for hours looking for the "best of the best" when it comes to tours of the island. Frustrated by not being able to find a private, tailor-made option, I just about settled on one of the cookie-cutter sightseeing companies.

But, before commiting, I came across multiple posts about this guy named Cerry. The more I read, the more I felt I had to book my tour with him. After viewing his website (www.pitaruba.com), I made my decision. An email later, I was all booked and poised for adventure during our first full day on the island.

After arriving the day before and calling him to confirm our info, Cerry picked us up right on time; we were walking out of the resort entrance just as he was pulling up. We climbed into his beautiful, clean, well-air conditioned SUV and were almost immediately immersed in the history and cultural facts of the island as we made our way to our first stop, the California Lighthouse.

Upon arrival to the lighthouse, Cerry allowed us to take as much time as we needed to capture lots of photos (just as he did with all of our stops). Other places we visited included the interior suburbs of the island, new housing developments, Eagle Beach, Oranjestad, the large rock formations (can't remember the name of the place), as well as the new Arikok National Park. The latter is where we spent most of our time, much to our pleasure as well as Cerry's seeing as this was his first time entering the area!

While visiting Arikok, we ventured to the rocky shorelines to explore hidden coves and enjoy the breath-taking views. One of the other stops in the park was at one of the caves, at which time one of the park rangers/officials led us through the dark enclosure and educated all three of us on the formations, cave paintings, and wildlife that lived in the cave. After the cave, we also walked through an area next to the cave which played home to a freshwater pool with fish and other wild inhabitants like hermit crabs and large frogs. Oh, and we learned that wild sage, which grows everywhere on the island, is great for sinus problems...just pick a leaf, roll, and insert into the nose for instant decongestion (Cerry tried it, and it worked better than any medicine I've ever seen)!

I have to honestly say that there is no other person I would have rather hired for our tour. It was the highlight of our trip and we sincerely hope that anyone who plans to explore the island will give Cerry a call or send him an email. He offers so much more than one of the "big box" tour companies, and at a better price, too! He was beyond knowledgeable, extremely friendly, and he obviously loves what he does. I promise you will not be disappointed! He will go anywhere you ask him to...you're the boss. Just like his website slogan says, "Don't be sorry, hire Cerry!"
    I just came back as well and I have to agree; he was right on time and provided an excellent tour; in fact, I want to do the other side of the island next time with Cerry. Cerry gets an a+++ with us.

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

I just returned from a family vacation with my wife, college age daughter and high school age son. It was our first trip to Aruba. We found out about Cerry from this forum and after contacting him before we left to arrange the details, had the pleasure of his guided tour during our stay. It was a most informative 3 hours and Cerry not only exposed us to the popular sites of the island, but also its neighborhoods. Cerry's knowledge of the history of Aruba as well as current information is extensive. I strongly recommend that anyone visiting Aruba, especially for the first time, sign up with Cerry for a private tour.

I would sign up for more than 2 hours....

Lisa

Lisa

Oh yes sign up for more than 2 hours. We did a 2 hour tour and it just wasn't enough. Because of that, we will have to go back next year just to get a tour of the rest of the island. LOL Any excuse is good right?! LOL Really, 2 hours isn't enough.
    Get ready for us Cerry. See you next year.
    Pat

Cerry

Can anyone tell me how many people his vehicle will hold..there are 6 of us coming in Feb.2011 and I'm wondering if we could all fit in or we would have to split up into 2 groups of 3..thanks!
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    cerry has a large toyota SUV

the taxi law on aruba states 5 passengers maximum.
    per vehicle transport.

i would advice to contact cerry directly by using the private message feature on this site

cyrilo croes
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanne911 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how many people his vehicle will hold..there are 6 of us coming in Feb.2011 and I'm wondering if we could all fit in or we would have to split up into 2 groups of 3..thanks!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-30-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    cerry has a large toyota SUV

the taxi law on aruba states 5 passengers maximum.
    per vehicle transport.

i would advice to contact cerry directly by using the private message feature on this site

cyrilo croes

when I emailed Cerry, he informed me that it would be 4 people. When sitting in his Toyota Rav, I could not even imagine 4 adults (in the heat) in his SUV. I agree, my advice, just as the post before, call him and ask. He may have another SUV that he may use... good luck
    Lisa

Lisa

Aruba since 1979
    http://pitaruba.com/html/gallery.html
    the photo of his vehicle is on the top left hand side of this link's page

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.

Private Island Tours with Cerry

One of the highlights of our trip was our private island tour with Cerry Croes. We found him through this and other Aruba forums. We arranged the tour through his website www.PITAruba.com. Cerry picked us up on Monday morning in his very comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle. We took my father-in-law and his girlfriend to Aruba this year; they have some health issues that require a more "personal touch." One of the large-capacity tours would not have worked for them. Cerry proceeded to take us all around the island, explaining along the way the Aruban way of life. He is very informative and well-spoken. His love for the people and wildlife of Aruba is very evident. Cerry took us to all of the most-desirable attractions in Aruba, and many more that we would not have thought of. He was able to answer all of our questions as we toured. I would highly recommend Cerry for your island tour needs. We are going to book him for next year when we take my husband's boss and his wife to Aruba.

In addition, Cerry picked us up at the airport and then returned us at the end of the trip. It was so nice to have a new friend pick us up at the end of vacation and be able to chat about the rest of our trip!

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast